Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The Unborn - 2/10

This movie was rated so high because it had a very nice ass in it. It also offered very original horror movie cliche's like, Scary children starring at you from across the street, or instant screaming faces, which just scream! By golly it's horrific!

DUDE, NO TALKING/LAUGHING GOAT LIKE IN DRAGMETOHELL??? WOW DIS MOVIE SKCU!! LOL:mad:

I can't believe some movies go past the acceptation procedure.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I thought it was fairly OK, at the start - then it got worse-ish as it went on.
Good though.

The opening scene was really tense. You knew it was all going down - just a question of how and when. To an extent, it was all downhill from there.

It occurred to me that if Jason Stratham spoke French then he would have been in this movie. That's the kind of movie that it was.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Watchmen: 7/10

Didn't turn out to be that good. I don't like the twist in the storyline, the rorschach bit was done poorly (compared to the book). The guy who played him did it right, mostly. But the scene with the psychiatrist was weak. Just didn't feel like the gullibe dogooder, and rorschach the disconnected,"emotionless" soul. Not quite the same. Prison breakout on the other hand...
Some of the minor liberties taken I don't mind, tbh. But overall watchmen the movie didn't really transfer that well. Beautiful music, though. Especially bob dylan's songs, and the one played at the cemetary (forgot the name again). Oh yeah, and nena...

It's not a bad movie, but it could've been better.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Aliens in the Attic

My rating: 4/10
8-year old's rating: "off the charts"

This is one of those movies that you have to suffer for the sake of your children.

Very slow to start and generally populated by characters without redeeming features, once the action starts it's OK but it is a long wait before you can get to ignore how annoying the characters are.

Untroubled by any such considerations, my son really, really enjoyed this movie.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Aliens in the Attic

My rating: 4/10
8-year old's rating: "off the charts"

This is one of those movies that you have to suffer for the sake of your children.

Very slow to start and generally populated by characters without redeeming features, once the action starts it's OK but it is a long wait before you can get to ignore how annoying the characters are.

Untroubled by any such considerations, my son really, really enjoyed this movie.

can't be worse than People under the stairs.

You thought was a horror movie, but little did you know, it was horrible.
________
SexyMissMature

Last edited:

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Gunbuster: 8/10

Technically not a movie, but it's a 6-part OVA that, put together, could qualify as just a long movie (3 hours and, hey, many movies have been known to clock over the 2.5 hour mark).

Points off for a bit of the camp and cliche, but then that's part of what it's trying to do -- it's a half-spoof mix of the "sports hero" and "giant mecha" genres with a deliberately ludicrous power scale on the main robot, Gunbuster, and the space monster enemies. But it scores real high in my book because it dares to handle space travel properly, and makes it a central theme of the show. It uses time dilation effects as a central plot element, and it works really well in giving a sort of weight to the technology behind their space travel.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Just a few words, since it's been some time since I've seen most of these.

Le Code A Changé. A fun little movie about the impossibility of love and relationships and life in general, ending on a moderately upbeat note. Things may not last, but they won't always only go, but come to people as well. 8/10

Les Quatre Cents Coups. An ode to freedom, executed with brilliant directing and camera technique. The ending sequence is a venerable piece of film history, but there are also other gems, like the shot following the gym teacher and his class through the streets of Paris or the ride in the spinning tube. Striving for liberty in the gritty, uninviting Paris of the 50s leads to a path of alienation both by and from others. 10/10

Signs. Not a particularly good movie, with an ending, that could be seen from miles off. Mel Gibson's character isn't believable at all. The talk he and his brother have at night on the couch, after... well, you know what if you've seen the movie, is downright stupid. What I did like was the humour strewn in once in a while. 6/10

Death Wish. Crime explained the easy way (It's all Jeff Goldblum's fault!). Some horrible acting on Charles Bronson's behalf, especially when it came to the change in his character after the murder of his wife and the raping of his daughter. I don't think I like the political message. 6/10

13 Tzameti. Very interesting concept, with great acting by the lead, but a little flawed by plot holes. Worth seeing, and - in contrast to Funny Games - perhaps worth re-making, if the problems are adressed without changing the basic idea and mood. 8/10

Achterbahn. Rather good documentary giving an insight into the mind of a man who can accept defeat, but not without requesting a re-match - even at the cost of his family. Good soundtrack, particularly the tracks by Beirut. 7/10

Jackie Brown. I'm not familiar enough with Blaxploitation movies to get all the references, but it was rather entertaining (although not as much as most other Tarantino movies) regardless. Loved Robert Forster. 8/10

4 luni, 3 saptamâni si 2 zile. A must-see. The tale of a student from a rural family in late-Ceaușescu-era Romania, whose loyalty to a friend forces her into being an accomplice to an illegal abortion and bearing both of their problems, eventually making her question her future with a boy from a better background. 1987's Bucharest is about as oppressive and depressing as Truffaut's Paris of 1959. 9/10

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Trick 'r Treat - 8/10

I don't think any movie out there captures the Halloween atmosphere as good as this one. It's an absolute joy on the eyes, always flowing, and not boring for even a second.

It was sooooo weird and creepy and unexpected, but that's what Halloween is all about! I don't think I can ever play Little Big Planet again. Sack Boy plays a pretty significant role and as cute as he is he is a creepy f*ck in this movie. :lol:

Just watch it guys. It's straight to DVD this October or you can go be a pirate. It's a must watch for this time of year.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jh0DwJZjz8&feature=fvst

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Yes!
it's much better than the movie imo.
this isn't to say that the movie is not good, but it's pretty different from the book.

in the original story, the town these people lived in (a town called "Chewandswallow") already had weather that consisted of food, it was natural. in the movie, the guy invents some machine and fires it way up in the air and that is what creates the food-weather. I thought that was dumb, I dunno why they couldn't keep the plot like it was to begin with.

cloudy.jpg

CLOUDY%20WITH%20A%20CHANCE%20OF%20MEATBALLS-IN.jpg

il_430xN.52494531.jpg

such a great, great book for children.
it really gets your imagination going.

*wipes liquid brains from ears*
I remember!!!

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Trick 'r Treat - 8/10

I don't think any movie out there captures the Halloween atmosphere as good as this one. It's an absolute joy on the eyes, always flowing, and not boring for even a second.

It was sooooo weird and creepy and unexpected, but that's what Halloween is all about! I don't think I can ever play Little Big Planet again. Sack Boy plays a pretty significant role and as cute as he is he is a creepy f*ck in this movie. :lol:

Just watch it guys. It's straight to DVD this October or you can go be a pirate. It's a must watch for this time of year.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jh0DwJZjz8&feature=fvst

I agree with everything you just said, amazing movie!

Trick 'r Treat - 8.5/10

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I caught an advanced screening of Zombieland last night. I'll say it was pretty good and funny albeit a bit predictable.

I'll give it a 7/10.