magick question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
First of all, skeptics are now dismissed. I don't want to argue validity, I just have a question for someone who knows of the art of magicking.

I have a charm made for me by an old girlfriend. I've left it over my door for years as a protective token, and it worked very well. So well, in fact, that after several months of no nightmares, I forgot about it all together. It's years later now, and a friend of mine has recently (past few months) experienced sudden fatigue when in my house, especially in my room. He frequently falls asleep on my futon within minutes of sitting down, but I hardly ever see him sleep, or even get tired, anywhere else. A thought occoured to me then. Perhaps I was blocking some part of his energy out from the protection I have on my room. (Dream catcher, a pewter wizzard I energized, the old charm, etc...) On a hunch, I handed him the charm to see if it was related to his fatigue. Immediately after touching it, he was wide awake and not sure why.

Here's what is in the charm. It is a small corked glass bottle of oil with a piece of amethyst and hematite int it, and powdery flecks of pyrite floating in the oil. After closer examination, he found a misty cloud floating in the oil that I can't remember being there before. Has anyone heard of a similar charm or token, and can anyone tell me WTF?!

Thanks

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
AMETHYST
An uplifting stone, amethyst is said to strengthen intuitive abilities and help disperse negativity. Communication can be made easier by the presence of amethyst, and if you are having trouble sleeping, it is thought to promote easy sleep and good dreams. It can also be helpful in combating headaches and hangovers!

HAEMATITE
Haematite is an interesting and unusual-looking stone; indeed, it could almost pass for a metal due to its dark glossy appearance. It is thought to strengthen the heart and lower a rapid pulse, and is also associated with improving the blood. On an emotional level, haematite is said to help insomnia, problems associated with air travel, concentration and focus.
Pyrite: Mental Ability, Protection, Centering, Open-Mindedness, Blood, Circulation
Could you describe the bottle, oil and cork in more detail?

Anyways, personally I'm not into this kind of stuff, BUT those that are recommend a way to remove "negative energy" from the crystals is to remove them and soak them in sea water for 3 days before replacing them in the bottle.

Last edited:

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
The bottle:
Glass, about as big around as the hole in a CD, and as tall as the last section of a thumb.

The cork:
A plain, natural cork, damp with the oil from inside.

The oil:
As far a I can tell, it's just baby oil or mineral oil: completely colorless and, according to my friend, smells like baby oil.

As for the stones, I know what they are used for individually, as I collect and use them myself. The whole of this charm seems to be greater than the sum of its parts though.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
iolair: my overhead light, comp, clock, and red heat lamp (for my snake) are the only things left on regularly. My friend is Christian, but no particular denomination, and he is open minded to ideas of the occult.

beerbaron: Probably, but I can't be sure. I haven't seen this girl since I graduated high school in 99, but she was part of that 'group' that dabbled in adventurous spirituality in adolesence.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
I've noticed before a tendency for some christians to become fatigued around occult items or places where the occult has been practiced. However, as an occult item itself, I don't see why your charm would have had the opposite effect if this was the problem.

Some electrical items have been proved to cause fatigue, disorientation, or just a sense of unease to susceptible individuals. I've certainly heard of it being caused by alarm clocks (mainly those with LED displays), and high voltage supplies.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
I seriously doubt that it is the electronics, as he is a regular computer user too. His house is full of eletronic gadgets. Nevertheless, surrounded by electronics or not, my house is the only place it happens. I figured it was the energy of the room that was draining him; that's why I handed him the bottle. I half expected him to pass out on the spot. I guess I've got some meditating to do.

And ProzeN, don't scoff. I considered it. . . more than once. But something that curious would be a shame to waste on a single use.