BadDog's Documentation project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Hey BadDog, it's good to hear from you about this project. Things have been crazy in my little corner of the world, which explains why I haven't posted anywhere in the last few days.

For the information of everyone else, I have been helping BadDog just a bit. I haven't contributed much to his project, but I have given his current work a good view and I have contributed four tutorials I wrote on my own (three of these were also ported over to the wiki, almost verbatim).

BadDog, if you'd like me to do another review of your help document (particularly for the checking of accurate information, and proper spelling and readability), I'd be glad to do so. Last time, I remember you giving me access to a copy of your work through an ftp server. If you'd like to try that again, I can upload a list of possible corrections to the same location shortly after I go through the work.

About the Wiki: I'm currently taking screenshots of ScriptedPawns, because I'm making plans to fill in that area of the class hierarchy. I'm using a jet black room (i.e. no lighting of any kind, so texturing is irrelevant), and then I'm putting pawns and carcasses into the room and setting bUnlit to True in their Display properties. I'm using Oldskool.SinglePlayer2 as the default gametype because it's very convenient to do. However, most of the screenshots will appear off center, as I can't figure out how to hide the crosshair in that gametype. I'm just positioning myself so that the crosshair winds up on black background, and then I either cut around it or paste a black square over it when I'm editing the images. I'll attach one of the images I've taken. (Caption: from left; SkaarjScout, SkaarjBerserker, SkaarjAssassin, SkaarjLord, IceSkaarj.)

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
very Nice TA :)

very cool Idea :)

check your mail bro I sent ya something

and btw...thanx for the good word on the other thread :)
...guess it didn't go over to well seems everytime i try to be helpful, someone gets pist :(

Wannabeemapper

Wannabee Mapper
Feb 19, 2002
Planet Earth
nzue.skankyflat.net
TechnoArcher.. isn't it easier to use a normal gametype like DeathMatch and play as a spectator? That way you don't have to have a wonky view to hide the crosshair. For getting really nice positioning it's also good to use the consoles SLOMO command eg.. SLOMO .25

Maybe that helps ya :)

Man this whole wiki thing sounds wicked :D

When I get a few spare hours I'll have to have a good read and signup and try to help out where I can :cool:

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Well, when I used DeathMatchPlus as the gametype and stayed as a spectator, I had to cut around a bunch of text that said. "Press fire when ready. You are NOT ready!" I took one shot under those conditions and then started experimenting with other gametypes.

Anyway, I have all the shots now except for the Fish and the Squid, and I'll set up a NitrogenZone for those. (Well, I'll probably go back and take better shots of the Brutes.) I haven't taken shots of FlockPawns or anything yet. Also, I had to use a bit of editor's magic to take shots of the Titans and the Queen (i.e. DrawScale=0.5 and I duck when I take the screenshot). They were just too big for the room I had created! However, I am extremely proud of the Warlord screenshot I took. I'll get them up on the wiki pretty soon.

Wannabeemapper

Wannabee Mapper
Feb 19, 2002
Planet Earth
nzue.skankyflat.net
Errrr, "You are not ready?"

Doesn't that only appear if you are in tourny mode? I mean when I'm spectating to make screenshots for my maps, I just briefly get "The match has begun" text message.

Maybe you should check your ingame settings. Load Ut, start a practise game in spectator mode with no tournament mode enabled and no bots. Then once it has started just quit UT and then when you test your level from inside UEd, you won't get the silly message saying that you are not ready ;)

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
Woohoo, an update !!!

Okie, got a bit more of the site completed and actually managed to add some more stuff to the CUERAG. I have decided to split the CUERAG into parts the first one being the one I am currently working on devoted to level design, the second one will be devoted to scripting, and the last one will tie in all extra stuff like modeling, skinning etc. I feel that this will make the RAG more accessible to people as the current size is 35 MB and it is only about 70% complete. I will be looking around to find a program that will automatically update the helpfile when you download the second and third parts.

So far the helpfile has :

325 Topics in 47 categories

398 Local Links

718 Internet Links

1,662 Graphic Images

51 authors works have been compiled so far, as I said, this is about 70% of the tutorials that I would like to use, but I am still awaiting responses from the authors of the remaining 30% as to weather or not I have permission to use their works. In the near future, I will be posting a list of the authors whose works I would like to use whose whereabouts are at this time unknown. With any luck, I should be able to round up all of those who are MIA and finish the level editing edition within the month. Again, my thanks and appreciation goes out to all of those people who have donated their time to write these tutorials and who have given me permission to use them in this collection.

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
actually, I have all of his Tuts compiled...

actually, I have all of his Tuts compiled... and all of Epic's documentation for that matter :)
I just haven't had a chance to update the CUERAG info page with all of the recent updates (actually I am waaaaaaay behind on the info page since i have compiled like 53 authors now and only have 10-12 indexed on the info page) I have been soooo busy between work and building systems, I have barely had a chance to throw up the web site for my new domain, http://www.bstrange.net .

I will provide a complete index of authors and topics within the next couple days :)

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
Cool info Mach :)

Dl'ed the page
didn't see any contact info to get his permission though...
I'll see what I can find about how to get ahold of him or do you know perchance....

I really need to get a LD job with someone because that BMW he drives is too freaking sharp

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
right on... :)

Thanks bud, this is just the stuff I need to wrap up this project :)

I will probably have all the tutorials that I have found finished before morning and I should have my info page updated by noon to include all the authors and topics...

thing is, I know there are more out there and I figure, if I'm going this far, I might as well take the extra time and make sure that I got all the goods from as many sources as possible :)

I will probably let a couple take a look at what I have so far so if you are interested, let me know, ( brad@bstrange.net )

so far, TechnoArcher is the only one who has seen it.

I do need to do some more organizational work with topics and subtopics, but outside of that, everything looks groovy :)