UE3 - UT3 UT3 Competitive Mod w/ voteable physic modes and Rocket Arena

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fru0

Mar 28, 2009
I think that this has the potential to become quite popular. Just take a look at this thread on UnrealNorth about a similar project just a few months ago. It has received loads of positive feedback. But it seems that has died off since it was too much work for just one guy (perhaps he is still working on it).

It just shows that most of us are still willing to try. Plus most of the UT players have already tried Quake Live, so they must feel comfortable with the movement. I've been playing QL myself, but I still miss the diversity of UT's weapons, so a combination of the two would be perfect! And just think of all those Quake/Warsow players - they could be interested too right?

I would really like to see this project revived, even if it were on a simpler form..

I have one gripe about the CampGrounds map though; the ceiling is too low, rocket kickups are simply blocked out by the low ceiling, the result is no air rocket :(

Oh and I'm missing the bright maps, where are they? it seems like 99% of the maps being released are mostly dark/dull/depressing. :/

Last edited:

amcculley

Jan 20, 2008
Old thread but does anyone have source code for this? I have a team of people working on a UT3 remake of a Q2 and Q3 mod called Weapons Factory. We would like to implement Q3 physics (strafe jumping for example) and would be interested in seeing if the guys behind this might be willing to share some code. Thanks.