Ain't that a kick in the face....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
You need to be 21 to enter the contest? Man, that bites. Can you guys do the contest again in 4 years?

W

wep

you think -that- sucks? you also have to be from the US or Canada.

if i were to think up a contest:

a) where the participants wouldn't have to know a thing but their own name,

b) in a time where the internet is absolutely everywhere and

c) that is about a game that has the most international spread ever

d) and probably most of the players for this game are UNDER 21

i would NOT think up a contest with these stupid rules!

------------------
WeP
<A HREF="http://"http://welcome.to/wep"" TARGET=_blank>http://welcome.to/wep</A>

Cobby

Nov 24, 1999
Hoffman Est, IL
Visit site
As far as the USA or Canada thing; this may have to do with International Transportation or Customs Laws.

As a former Customs Broker, there are rules & regulations governing this, and shipping can be a nightmare.

Just a thought...

------------------
Dare to Dream

S

Stallion

I can assure you guys that excluding international residents and citizens under 21 isn't avoidable. Dakota, GameSpy's prized law-boy, has been trying to work around these limitations for quite some time. The truth is, there is only so much that can be done. Hey, being under 21 myself, I feel your pain! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal
315 Posts And Counting!
bullet2.gif

Aug 19, 1999
PA, USA
Visit site
You think people are actually gonna be honest about their age? I like these rules cause it increases my chances if they actually check the age of the winner. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

------------------
"During S&M play, be sure to have a "safety word"
to prevent injury, death or allergic reaction."
-PCXL

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
I tell ya the whole friggn' world just opens up once you turn the big 21. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

------------------
LiquiD_SiN
If you have a problem with or find anything disturbing with the preceding post, please feel free to click here.

TheRock

The Official BuF MASCOT
Nov 10, 1999
Smackdown Hotel
members.ud.com
The Rock says if the whole world opens when your 21. What the hell happens when your 50?
The universe opens up?

------------------
The Rock is without a shadow of a doubt the most elecrtifying poster in PlanetUnreal Entertainment in the world today.

O

OFUpYours

Enjoy your age as it happens....each age group has its rewards and disadvantages...that never changes...from young to old.

masterluke

MasterLuke
Mar 18, 2004
Hampshire
www.loki-clan.com
yeah but being under 21 ur most likly to play these games then over 21's sucks thats an understatement.
And also not affending n e one here who is over 21 under 21 more likly to kick over 21's butts since being younger most of use have faster reactions.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
What?

I'm pretty sure that whichever contest the people in this thread were talking about is over now, and anyone who contributed to this thread back in November 1999 has moved on from this discussion ;).

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
masterluke said:
yeah but being under 21 ur most likly to play these games then over 21's sucks thats an understatement.
And also not affending n e one here who is over 21 under 21 more likly to kick over 21's butts since being younger most of use have faster reactions.

Then again, most people OVER 21 can spell ;-)

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
masterluke said:
welcome to buf, you'll fit right in :con: