SERVER ADMINS, TURN OFF THE DAMN BOTS!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
Now I'm not trying to get flamed, just speaking the truth. but look at the ratio of U players to UT players. I really don't think there's very many people that would want to run around collecting powerups waiting for someone else to join. I'm speaking for us lowly modem users. Usualy we find the first few servers with the lowest pings and join, no matter if there are any people in it. Sooner or later someone will join, if not a few minutes with bots doesn't hurt. Eventually if no one joins, the player will connect to the next server and repeat the process. Bots are just there to waste the time with (basicaly).

bullet2.gif

No thanks... I've already had my @ss handed to me today.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I don't go to severs that have bots on them. That is a total waste of a server. If I wanted to play bots I would play them in bot mode.

bullet2.gif

I'll eat your gun lead and sh*t out No.2 pencils!

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
The bots are not as much of a problem on the Unreal servers as the UT servers. With my speedy 26,400 connection the fewer players, including bots, the better.

It is funny how many people play servers with bots but don't have a clue there are bots in the game. The one server that constantly ran DeathFan with Dick, the bot, would always have people who thought Dick was a real person.

A few servers with bots are good for those who want to play them but I prefer to play without them.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Callisto (edited 04-10-2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.