The End of Marble Mania 2003

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
The End of Marble Mania 2003? Hey, it's not all bad. Pfhoenix is giving away the source code to MM 2203 and carte blanche to create a 2004 version! He explains it much better than I can over my first cup of coffee:

As of several (read many more than I remember at the moment) months ago, Marble Mania 2003 ceased to be an active project. The last release was 0.7, and from my perspective on the code side, I consider it a finished project.
Anyone could take our mapping docs and create entire level packs, single player and multiplayer, without a change to the code.

The reason why I say this is because there has been interest in a UT2004 version. From a programmer's perspective, you would *only* have to modify menu system and GUI classes (to use the new UT2004 way of doing the GUI menus). I say you, because I certainly don't intend to do it myself.

If anyone is interested, I can send them full source to Marble Mania 2003 (not like you can't just export the classes anyways, but sometimes things don't export right), as I'm giving full carte blanche to anyone who wants to use code from it. Any questions can be sent to me ( pfhoenix@beyondunreal.com ), but if your question is concerning maps/art assets, you'll have to contact DoctorSchwa ( doctorschwa@marblemania2003.com ), as most of the art assets are his work.

Be sure to check out Pfhoenix's work at Mod Exemplar Project, and the MM 2003 page.

Doctor Schwa

Mar 17, 2001
www.doctorschwa.com
Our textures aren't particularly complex, but I can provide PSDs for anybody that really needs them.

Feel free to use the maps and music created by myself.

I can also try to answer any questions somebody might have about the mod.