Batman dies in the new movie. Your thoughts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
it's just too easy.

do you ever wonder why so many spree-murderers commit suicide before being caught?
because they already know this.

death is so much easier than facing the legal system and the suffering of life in federal prison. I don't want these people to have it easy. I want them to suffer on Earth for their evil. if you give them death you give them sweet relief.

it's not like there's a god waiting to judge them or a Hell for them to go to.
I don't want fairly tales to satisfy my conscience. I want to see justice done on Earth before they depart because they'll get none in the afterlife.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Why should anyone care if he is in mental anguish? Typical lefty rubbish: they care more about the criminal than they do about the victims. What about that 6 year old's right to life, right to a chance at a future? How where her rights protected?

But no as long as the poor little defenceless psychopath's rights aren't affected then all the lefties can sleep at night.

The only reason I disagree with the death penalty is that the judiciary system can make mistakes. An innocent person can be freed from jail but not a coffin.

Letting him rot in jail and at the mercy of the prison population is fitting punishment. The families of the victims (who are victims themselves) have been handed a life sentence.

Last edited:

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Why should I care if he is in mental anguish? Typical lefty rubbish: they care more about the criminal than they do about the victims. What about that 6 year old's right to life, right to a chance at a future? How where her rights protected?

But no as long as the poor little defenceless psychopath's rights aren't affected then all the lefties can sleep at night.

:lol:

tell me you're not being serious right now...

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Jacks, I'm glad to hear that we agree on street justice, as I expected we would. But the bit about the death penalty being a "useless punishment" puzzles me, because the phrase is redundant. There has never been anything more useless than punishment for it's own sake, which is what I mean when I talk about the "empty desire for people to suffer."

You've misunderstood my point about cowardice. I'm not advocating law enforcement. I'm saying that life in prison is a cowardly sentence. It's repulsively vindictive while neatly skirting the perceived responsibility of taking direct action.

As a side note, be advised that I speak like an asshole because I am one and not for want of respect toward you.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
it's just too easy.

do you ever wonder why so many spree-murderers commit suicide before being caught?
because they already know this.

death is so much easier than facing the legal system and the suffering of life in federal prison. I don't want these people to have it easy. I want them to suffer on Earth for their evil. if you give them death you give them sweet relief.

it's not like there's a god waiting to judge them or a Hell for them to go to.
I don't want fairly tales to satisfy my conscience. I want to see justice done on Earth before they depart because they'll get none in the afterlife.
In that case, you should be all for delayed death penalty (25 years in prison and then put to death) because they are forced to suffer and then justice is served.

Except that prison life is probably not suffering for most of these quackjobs.

I can get behind them being forced to suffer, but our legal system hardly causes anyone to suffer. For fear of being inhumane to the inhumane, we treat them quite well and pay for it, too. So the only ones actually "suffering" are the people they scarred for life.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
The United States judicial system is awesome because they never do the wrong thing.

You clever retort convinced me. I now see the error in my ways. You are totally right. We should abolish those silly newage notion those tree hugging leftist wussies call civilization.

We shouldn't let our hands be tied by the unalterable fetters of the law. We should invoke the tradition of our illustrious forebears, reach back to a purer, sterner justice, and have them BURNED AT THE STAKE!

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
edited since your post

tell me what is wrong about that then.
so you were serious?

ok.
you asked for it...

Typical lefty rubbish: they care more about the criminal than they do about the victims. What about that 6 year old's right to life, right to a chance at a future? How where her rights protected?
I fail to see how wishing that the perpetrator suffers is caring more about him than the victims.
this doesn't make sense.

and the 6 year old's right to life? her chance at a future?
what kind of stupid rhetorical questions are these?
how is this related to wishing punishment upon the perpetrator??

I wish the perp would suffer. yes.
but that doesn't mean I don't care about the little girl. it just means that we can't do anything about the little girl now. she's fuckin' dead. shit happens. can't go back in time, can we?

my wishing suffering upon the perp has nothing to do with victims.
or their "rights." I have no idea how you connected these things together.

of course I wish the little girl (and the other 11 people) were still alive.
of course I wish they had a chance at a future.

but what the hell does that have to do with wishing punishment upon the suspect?
nothing. assuming you were serious, your reply makes little sense, if any.

as long as the poor little defenceless psychopath's rights aren't affected then all the lefties can sleep at night.
ok I literally have no idea what point you are trying to make here.
are you 100% sure that you're not trolling?

you're gonna' have to reword this and try to explain more clearly what point - if any - you're trying to get at.

the judiciary system can make mistakes. An innocent person can be freed from jail but not a coffin.
well I agree of course.
this is just another factor in why I dislike capital punishment.

Letting him rot in jail and at the mercy of the prison population is fitting punishment. The families of the victims (who are victims themselves) have been handed a life sentence.
so we agree :p

"useless punishment" puzzles me, because the phrase is redundant. There has never been anything more useless than punishment for it's own sake
I don't understand how punishment for the sake of punishment is puzzling you.

I'm not advocating that we pick every 3rd person in a line of criminals and shoot them in the back of the head. I'm advocating individual suffering for a criminal who truly deserves it.

life in prison is a cowardly sentence. It's repulsively vindictive while neatly skirting the perceived responsibility of taking direct action.
I also don't understand your reliance on the notion of cowardice.

how is using the prison system cowardly?
how is executing someone less cowardly?

it's just some guy standing at a switch and waiting to turn the knobs.
in Colorado the death penalty is lethal injection.

that's about as cowardly as anything I can imagine.
they even swab the guys with arm with alcohol so that his dead-ass corpse won't contract an infection. it's fucking absurd. and they don't even let him experience death while conscious. the first round of drugs put him to sleep. and he's going to get a last meal of whatever he wants, as much as he wants.

fuck him. fuck that bullshit.
did he let his victims have a last meal of anything their heart desires before pumping them full of lead? did he let his victims die peacefully in their sleep? no he pumped them full of hot lead while they were wide awake.

but you'd rather him lie comfortably on a table and gently drift off.
and I'm the coward :p

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I want him to suffer life in prison.

how is that not a punishment?

you're trolling I swear.
this is ridiculous. the words you're putting in my mouth.

How is it punishment if you are guaranteed 3 meals a day, a workout room, and quite possible some form of entertainment through out the day? The only thing this waste of life has to worry about is Bubba coming from behind and shanking his ass.

If you really don't want to kill him, then make the remainder of his days left spend in constant pain. Torture his ass and let him bleed out but keep him alive. He will wish for death after that.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
How is it punishment if you are guaranteed 3 meals a day, a workout room, and quite possible some form of entertainment through out the day?
:lol: what??
your ignorance betrays you, friend.
maybe you should box up your stuff and go move into a Federal prison if you think it's so nice.

you're guaranteed 3 shitty meals a day with no choice in what those meals will be.
and they're not made by gourmet Italian chefs.

your "workout room" is not a college athletics facility.
it's a room with some old weight machines in it that are covered with the dry sweat of child rapists and other murders and drug addicts who are sharing needles. and there's a guy named Chuck in the corner who does tattoos if you sneak him a box of cigarettes. and he's doing those tattoos with the same needle that he's used on 200 men before you.

your only entertainment is jerking off or watching inmates fight.
you might get a TV but it's small, you can't watch it after lights out, and most channels are blocked out.

yes.
that is definitely living the high life. just don't forget to keep your room clean and tidy, all 12 square feet of it.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
If it was up to some of you we'd still be living in the dark ages. Street justice, torture, bleeding to near death. Keep those great and thoughtfull ideas coming. Society would definitely be better off ruled by enlightened unbiased minds such as yours.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
I'm advocating individual suffering for a criminal who truly deserves it.

And therein lies the problem. How do they "deserve" anything? What does that even mean? How does increasing total suffering improve the situation?

how is using the prison system cowardly?
how is executing someone less cowardly?

If he is a threat your move should be to eliminate the threat, i.e. shoot him and dump him in a ditch. If he is not a threat then let him go. Life imprisonment can be motivated by two things; let me know if I'm missing anything:

1. A desire to keep one's hands clean by removing him from the population but pretending not to be responsible for his eventual death at the hands of his fellow inmates, etc.
2. A desire for "get back" at them, which is pointlessly spiteful and mean-spirited. That sort of behavior reminds me of women with low IQs on their period.

in Colorado the death penalty is lethal injection.

I've never advocated the death penalty. I've advocated shooting people who pose a threat.

did he let his victims have a last meal of anything their heart desires before pumping them full of lead? did he let his victims die peacefully in their sleep? no he pumped them full of hot lead while they were wide awake.

Again, what does this have to do with anything? Imitating his terrible behavior doesn't atone for what he did. Torturing him just makes us torturers.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
And therein lies the problem. How do they "deserve" anything? What does that even mean? How does increasing total suffering improve the situation?

If he is a threat your move should be to eliminate the threat, i.e. shoot him and dump him in a ditch. If he is not a threat then let him go. Life imprisonment can be motivated by two things; let me know if I'm missing anything:

1. A desire to keep one's hands clean by removing him from the population but pretending not to be responsible for his eventual death at the hands of his fellow inmates, etc.
2. A desire for "get back" at them, which is pointlessly spiteful and mean-spirited. That sort of behavior reminds me of women with low IQs on their period.

I've never advocated the death penalty. I've advocated shooting people who pose a threat.

Again, what does this have to do with anything? Imitating his terrible behavior doesn't atone for what he did. Torturing him just makes us torturers.

I hereby nominate cryptophreak as most likely to go on a shooting rampage. What is displayed here is a type of logic that is devoid of common sense, empathy and an inability to tackle larger questions in favor of simplistic ones. That honestly, truly freaks me out.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
You've now commented twice toward me without making any points or contributing to any discourse.

If my lack of "empathy" is frightening to you, fine. But don't pretend you have earned any superiority by posting stupid cartoon images in mockery. A witty saying proves nothing.

~Jason

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
How do they "deserve" anything?
well for one, he shot up a room full of innocent people.
so there's that.

If he is a threat your move should be to eliminate the threat, i.e. shoot him and dump him in a ditch.
I'm afraid you're in the wrong topic.

we're discussing capital punishment.
not street justice.

I don't understand your premise.
I'm not concerned with whether or not my hands are clean or dirty because I wouldn't personally be responsible for his death regardless.

if he dies in prison of natural causes I'm not responsible.
if he is shanked in the back by Big Pete I'm not responsible.
if the police had shot him on sight outside the theater I'm not responsible.
if he is executed by lethal injection I'm not responsible.

are you sensing a pattern here?
the criminal is the only person who is responsible for what happens in their life. they chose to break the rules that the rest of us abide by.

then like I said, you're in the wrong topic.
perhaps start a thread about street justice if you want. it has no place in this particular discussion.

Torturing him just makes us torturers.
like I said, I'm not responsible for his suffering.
he brought it upon himself.

in happier news...
Christian Bale is visiting victims of the shooting. he was here in Denver this afternoon.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31301174/detail.html

31301274_640X480.jpg