UT3 Jailbreak- Known issues

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
This thread will list any currently known issues with the current release of our mod, Jailbreak.

(As of August 31st, 2009, 7:48 PM)

- Names of Jailbreak-specific mutators are not localized for Russian or German.
- Jailbreak cannot be selected in the server browser's filters tab. Jailbreak servers will still be listed when any other custom gametype is selected, or it can be selected in the top right corner on the server list page.
- In some cases the Celebration Screen character may not be hidden properly and will appear floating in midair during the next round.

(September 2, 2009 7:29 PM)

- Jail doors in some maps are not properly set to crush on encroach.
- Bots in some circumstances may "go dumb" and get stuck defending or attacking an objective.

Last edited:

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Is this a bug reporting thread as well? I played around for like 10 minutes and found these.

Minor: In FacingWorlds, in the red jail at least, if you dodge off where the jump pad is in this screenshot here, it thinks you're outside the jail. (You then die, so it's not a big issue, although there is some announcement weirdness that happens.)

Fairly major (as in game-breaking): In Seven, if you get released (at least when you're on red), then stand in the doorway so the door gets blocked, the door will keep opening and closing indefinitely, repeatedly saying your team has been released.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
It appears that in Gasoline, if you drive a scavenger close enough to the jail door and get out, a player in jail can enter the scavenger from the other side of the door and escape. Although not clearly intended, I actually think this is rather clever (A bot did it once as well).

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Thanks for the tips, we'll look into these.
Easy fix atleast :p

It appears that in Gasoline, if you drive a scavenger close enough to the jail door and get out, a player in jail can enter the scavenger from the other side of the door and escape. Although not clearly intended, I actually think this is rather clever (A bot did it once as well).
That's quite an amazing bug... lol

h34dcr4sh

JB Mapper
Sep 1, 2008
Oldenburg, Germany

That's not a bug - It's a feature.

That could be an escape-route :cool:

(It will be fixed in the next version)

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
yeah thats kinda like flag dropping through windows and glass and stuff, maybe not intended but kinda fun too in a sorta llama-ish way :)

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Heya all! Im happy with this great mod dudes! Without this mod the ut series would not to be the same ...Congratuleisions xd xd

I suppose this is an beta not final version...I noticed that finished installment the list gametypes doesnt appears really the Jailbreak word as an gametype more in the list ( really i do click in the last of the table gametypes menu and it is installed properly ) I think this is a silly big xd xd

Great Job guys!

Where can I join to play with you dudes? I warn you im not a pro I play for fun!

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I noticed that finished installment the list gametypes doesnt appears really the Jailbreak word as an gametype more in the list ( really i do click in the last of the table gametypes menu and it is installed properly )
It's a localization bug: languages that aren't localized display no text at all in the UI. You can copypaste the files from the Localization->INT folder to the ESN folder (rename them from .int to .esn). I'll be uploading the Spanish localization files asap anyway... ;)
hf! :D

---
Edit:
Done! Copy the files into your ...\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Jailbreak\Localization\ESN folder... ;)

Attachments

• UT3Jailbreak - ESN.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
I'm looking forward to spreading the news about JB at Uni \o/
Would also like to say Jb-Strand is awesome! love the atmosphere the sound of the train gives out and the general feel of texture. welldone Hazel :D
however after 3mins the train stopped going around the map & overall..the bots seem to get lost. :hmm:

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
The door-blocking-open-close-loop thing happens on Gasoline as well. I haven't looked at any other maps, but it's probably worth checking all of the maps that have doors on the jails.

As for the Scavenger thing in Gasoline, I'm almost tempted to consider that a feature. :)

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
Not sure if this is map specific but I noticed a lack of priority in the bots. (i'm guessing you are currently working on the bot control for release/defend)

Watched a bot run for the switch but suddenly stated he was "heading for the sheild belt" (jb-seven) Afterwards he decided to go fetch some ammo..by that time he decided having a redeemer would make him look cool when he gets round to releasing :rolleyes:.
Also on suspence, some cheeky bot in a stealth bender thought it would be funny to hide. Stealthed in his base and not release his team (last player). Only found him when he was dropping traps in random places lol.

one last thing, dont know how, but the moment i was thrown into the arena in jb-seven, I blew myself up :con: (Seemed to spawn near the ceiling, redeemer effects gibbed me, didnt get to see much..or touch the floor)