PLEASE check out my new map I NEED BETA TESTERS!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thug'N'me

R.I.P. 2pac Aka Makaveli
Jun 16, 2001
Virginia
www.geocities.com
Ummm well i finally got around to Dl it and all i can say is Good Job man....BUT there are some slight problems.....FIRST the textures....how many are on the whole map 5???For a map thats 15 MEGZ the textures suck....and the LIGHTHOUSE has 2 problems with the steps..the first step u have to jump up...and 1 near the top you have to jump....NOT to mention the incrediable view distance...theres no way you could play this map with out at least a 600 mhz with 256 megz of ram on a bad ass video card...i know u already warned us...the castles are really dull and so is the outside area...all i see is ladders (which work great..probaly only thing i like about map,so far that is i(since u said this was BETA))Anywayz i know i sound mean BUT i would give this map a 4/10 so far BUT if u add some things to the castles...somehow decrease the view distance,increase the viriaty of textures,and slow down on the ladder use(especally the 10000 foot one that you have to climb to get to the top of the light house),and mabey add bots..then i would give this map a 8/10....sorry im only being honest...from my point of view ofcourse... :)

dfygrvty

Jul 1, 2001
www.cse.msu.edu
sassy

after my first ten minute play w/ same system I mentioned before but Res @ 1024x 768 48 fps when I wasn't shooting. 20 fps when I was shooting at random stuff and running.

Glitches :

you can ride the right (facing toward blue base) door to the red base. If you stand right next to them it closes and pushes you along. if you wait there the door thinks you're trying to come in and opens up, pulling you along with it. I rode the door for 4 swings. It was fun.

1st step in the LH and the other step is the 15th one from the top.

system hang when the LH front door was swinging closed, didn't check to see if it happened again 2x in a row though. I didn't try to ride that door.... I didn't know it well enough yet.

your water/fire sounds are sporadic all over the place if you run around on top, maybe because there could have been a tunnell underneath me at that time??? .... didn't find the tunnel yet.

by the way, that circular cavern is awesome.

IMHO gameplay issues.

opposing teams front doors didn't open for me ever. what good is storming a castle if you can't get in the front door?

can't shoot teleporter through the portal windows at base front doors (I only tried a couple times, but...) ... it would be nice to telefrag the guy shooting at me through the window ya know?

thought slime was water a couple too many times, but that's mostly my fault anyway though.

Last edited:

doofie_destructor

Uber Fanatical God-Like Member
Jul 3, 2001
<bEhInD yOu>
Visit site
Opposite base doors

The enemy base door, (the first one....the grate) will open with a blast from the redeemer, but the second set of double doors wont open.....can you explain this to me? Perhaps it is meant to protect you when returing to your base with the enemy flag? (You know, so that you can run through them, but the enemy gets caught and falls through the trap door?????

Critical Bill

Jul 9, 2001
Durham, NC
Visit site
Sniping from the Lighthouse

I have acceptable framerates with a 1ghz duron and a kyro II.

I think that the sniper distance is just fine on this map. It means that you can take the other team out as they cross the bidge without fear of being taken out by a sniper in the base turrets. The opposite is true as well. You can protect your base without being worried about being sniped by an enemy in the lighthouse.