TOO Much Dodging a bad thing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
yah, if you hit them in mid air it will do alot more damage, even on their leg, than the splash damage will.

m0nk

May 3, 2004
Some of the best advice I can give you,

React. Don't dodge for no reason. Dodge, and know why you are dodging. Anticipating your opponents moves is good but if you dodge too soon, he can anticipate where you will land and meet you with a rocket or a shock combo.

There are times where you have to dodge out of the way. Try to plan ahead so you can draw your sheild gun the moment you become vulnerable.

Also, don't bunny hop or jump for no reason. This is the single biggest mistake I see new players make. I know with double jump you seem to be evasive and hard to hit. The exact opposite is true. When you are in the air, your movements are predictable. You have to land correct? Your opponent will visualize your landing spot and meet you with bullets.

All this does is to help with what someone else has already said, be unpredictable. Strafe left and right quickly to throw your opponent off. Never run in a straight line.

A few last things

- Single dodge > double dodge in most cases (again, quicker therefore less anticipation allowed by the enemy)
- Don't be afraid to double dodge forward with flak or mini drawn to surprize and get in close for the kill. It takes some work to master but this is very effective if the enemy has an LG or SR drawn.
- Don't be afraid to run away and use cover to take some pop shots as you retreat to find more health. Charging relentlessly at your opponent again makes you predictable.

Last edited:

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
to add onto what m0nk said.

Any time you go up in the air (dodge jump whatever) your trajectory is sealed, do not do it unless you have a reason.

If the guy has rockets, don't dodge or jump untill he pulls the trigger. If you do before he gets a free hit. If he shoots first then you can dodge out of the way. While you are on ground you can chose any movement option, once go air you are locked in.

IMHO rockets own jumpers and dodgers, you know exactly where to plant your shot. If you have a hit scan use that, only take air movements after they shoot.

I personaly use dodge as a reaction, or to get to certain places or speed up movement.

I see allot of people dodge them selves into a clean shot....