Where are they now (Unreal and UT Oldschools)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I'm still trying to finish reviews and trying maps I've never tried for UT2004 and UT3, then I'll go back to UT but it could be a while. You see, I'm addicted to World of Tanks for some odd reason.;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It'd be fun having tanks in Unreal tournament? If so, you could stick the barrel up a nalicow's thight rectum and insert any projectile full force. A wide range of materials, also including organic ones. Preferably spicky and spicy.

Besides, UT could benefit from a nice retexturing job. Couldn't it?

natedog

Jan 2, 2014
holy crap....talk about turning back the clock...so cool to see so many old names still around, hope to run into some of you on steam!

··D²··XxX{NBK}Natedog

Reactions: FuryVII

medwa

May 16, 2011
Hi again! Hey Nate and Xipe, how are you guys these days? Any of the oldschool guys gonna give Titanfall on PC a try?

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Kravnos has vanished from the gaming world. I play WoW now a bit. Nothing else turning me on. Maybe this new UT??

Hawk

Mar 20, 2015
Hello to all the old Unrealers that read these posts. Lots of familiar names! I figured if I'd do a search, but I figured this many years later I wouldn't find much at all. Very cool to see that I'm not the only one that misses the old days of Unreal. I have to admit, I don't even really play games much anymore, but I've been wondering what happened with a lot of people... To all out there, I do believe steam does have a version, or at least they did of all versions of Unreal, and they worked fine. I briefly played some UT3, was lots of fun, but not like the old unreal or UT. I still have a few screenshots on a file server where BMF played SB and TOG went "TOGwild". Fun times...

Take care all!

Hawk<BMF>

Visionnn

Sep 24, 2015
Wow this brings back a lot of memories. I was (LBN)Vision for a while. Then in NBK for a bit before I stopped playing. My brothers are {OF}Bucket & {NBK}Modulus.

When I was in LBN we played a CTF match against C1 and it was broadcast on internet radio. That was a great game. 1v1'd a lot of the people mentioned above.

I remember playing Overtoad on Deck 16 and getting absolutely destroyed. I also played a lot of Rocket Arena with my brothers as well as {OF}Grog, (LBN)Skillz, and (LBN)BadMojo.

My brother Modulus and I are playing the new UT. It's pretty good but nothing will ever compare to the fun I had playing Unreal and UT99. I think I may have to reinstall UT99 and blow up some bots...

Paganini2012

Jul 18, 2012
I uploaded 70 demos to youtube. Here is one, click on the channel itself to search for others within it. I have demos of destrukt, gitz, overtoad, kravnos, phosgene, chicken, infinite, mm, wm, xeno, solidus, xs|pain, satan, wally, etc.

I did this in case anyone who used to play wants to see some footage of the old times.

FYM_rainman

Apr 23, 2017
Memories....

Wow. I remember so many of these people. Even the German/Euro players. I used to alias my ass off on Euro servers with my 350 ping :)

Man I loved this game back in the day.

Wow so many old school players on here! Overtoad, Sicko, Iceman, Hawk, Asylum! It's been 5 years since this thread was even active and I have just stumbled upon it. I miss the good old days of Unreal 1. Playing 1-1s with Sicko til 5 AM, hanging out on FYM server with everybody, instagib last man standing in UT (the only thing I actually liked about UT, sadly...). I was a pretty mediocre 1-1 player until Sicko whipped me into shape.

Toad, I remember Clu well, she was really good. Very competitive :)

Damn now I am nostalgic.

Groove{GF}

Mar 13, 2018
Haha, oh man... This thread brings back some seriously old (but good) memories. I don't know if anyone remembers me on here but I was "Groove{GF}" with GoodFellas. I played more DM and CTF than anything else and remember so many names on here. Those were seriously good times. I'm not sure what made me think of googling those search terms tonight. I wasn't even aware a new UT had been created. I'm in my early 40s these days and am an er doc in the SE. Hope everyone is doing well!

Groove{GF}

Reactions: FuryVII

overtoad

Sep 1, 2011
Ya know...every once in a while...usually every couple of years...I'll go diggin' through the 'net just to see if any of the old names are still around.

You boys don't disappoint. :2thumb:

I wondered why in the Hell I decided to do a search last night...then it hit me: Unreal was released twenty years ago to the day. :shock:

Get nostalgic, peeps...Keep chiming in...

-Ribbit

Pileyrei

Mar 4, 2008
Hi all

A shout out to my little forum:

www.unrealsurvivors.com

Would be great if some of you legends could register and post there.
We have two servers, Deck 16 al weapons only and a DM/CTF server.

Servers are inspired by TrufF and Multiplay if anyone ever played there.

Greetings
Pileyrei

FuryVII

Feb 5, 2020
Oh man. I was just playing OW and someone asked about anyone playing with a trackball and I thought of Overtoad.
It's great to see familiar names and clans and all. Just too many memories to count. Always mad respect for BMF, AoD, DD, PURE, GF, FYM, DFA, SyN, C1, NBK, SB, HV I could go on.

Ill throw in a few apologies too as young me was a tad bit obnoxious.

DvT, XxX, DS - FuryVII

Reactions: Toolie

dcs-wr3ct

Dec 21, 2020
HfH is still around after 15 years. I still keep in touch with a few of the guys. po0r comes up here to visit once in a while.
A few of us still play together, after a host of FPS games we moved, like many to WoW and then on to others.
Haven't talked to MisFit in a few years or his brother.

Dogmeat, Laser, Supertrap, Dave, Seth, I would mention Timmys nick, but he changed it like most change underware. But,my god the list is long, and I have forgotten most.
po0r and I sat down a few years back and had, we thought a close to complete list of everyone that was in HfH for UT99. Wish I could find that.

Its good to see so many on here still going as well. Some of the names bring back a lot of good times and memories of a sniper round to my head.
Oh and in the list of |pure| players, lets not forget Cadence.

Take care guys

V
I know this is 7 years later... But I just randomly came across Solider of Fortune 2 on reddit and got to thinking about old clans I was in back in the early 2000's. About RTCW and SoF2. Glad to see you guys (were and hopefully are still) doing well. I don't remember what the hell I called myself back then, especially in games like RTCW & SoF2. I was in high school back then, but I still remember hours and hours of play time sunk into the game with you guys. I remember you and po0r talking to me about my homework and giving me life lessons over Ventrilo during late night play sessions. Feeling mad nostalgic right now. Good times.

Last edited:

Toolie

Jan 18, 2019
I think my old account was deleted or something. Can't believe this thread is still kicking. Even Satan posted lol.

I wonder if this thread will still get replies in 10 more years. I will turn 58 in November :p

Reactions: dcs-wr3ct

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
"The amount of time since everyone there from beginning has started playing UT" can now legally drink in all States. This is both interesting and kinda scary.:hot::!panic!::rockon: