Unreal II to receive network support and more!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
It was slow because of the suit you are wearing in singleplayer. If you ever tried doing deathmatch you would notice your movement is fast there, since you don't wear that suit.

Zeji

Nov 8, 2008
I'd like to see what the old XMP would be like. Do you have another link for your test map, GreatEmerald? The map isn't on filefront anymore.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Interesting observation, Leo... Have to try U2 with open map?game=u2.u2deathmatch :D But if you pick up a suit in multiplayer, you don't get heavier for some reason. Probably unfinished.

Zeji, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmqygtmccxn

EDIT: Leo's absolutely right! Try it out for yourself (open M08A1?game=u2.u2deathmatch)! You're as fast as lightning! And have 0 shields. Kinda makes it feel like co-op with Hardcore setting.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I wonder how you can get the energy.....I mean in botmatch.unr there you have suit, it depends on map settings or what I guess.....what was summon for the suit anyway?

I just installed Unreal2, but got that problem with flyby.
EDIT:
It is powersuitmarinemedium it seems.
Also in map defaultinventory, the same applies. That is, after that you can get energy, but really the suit does not affect speed, it is the player class I think.

Any idea why KOH and drain crash? I can open then in editor, but they crash normally.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I can play Drain, maybe you have something more broken... Can you just reinstall?

Anyway, how do think we should call this XMP? Current suggestions are:
1. U2aXMP
2. Conceptual XMP (doesn't quite fit any more)
3. Alpha XMP
4. XMP2
I kinda like the last one, any more suggestions?

By the way, I have an idea. While waiting for the release, we could start porting the XMP maps to U2. There won't me any real major changes in U2 RC9, so we can start working right now, and leave only the finishing work for the time RC9 goes out. If someone's interested, post here. I guess we need someone to port Static Meshes, Textures and Sounds. After this is done, we'll need someone to fix map flaws, path maps, add EAX effects and add pickups. Not sure about this - once maps are able to be ported by importing them from .t3d, should people work on their own maps, or have roles, like pathing, adding pikups, fixing flaws etc.? I believe having a map for each person would cause less version conflicts... But then not all maps would have the same quality level...

So, if there are at least 2 people interested, we could start working. U2 has deathmatch and CTF support now, so it will be easy to test paths and pickups (note: bots tend to get stuck on Rocket Launcher pickups for some reason). I could port sounds and textures, anyone interested in porting Static Meshes?

EDIT: Woah! I've just found an undocumented feature! Teleporters in Unreal II work just like warp zones! That is, they also teleport projectiles! Neat! Alcazar will be very realistic then! And while falling down, your characters scream, so Alcazar will be even better! And thinking of quirks, we could make it so those stone Mukhoggs turn into real Mukhoggs! :D You can study Unreal II in a day, but even after 10 years it won't cease to surprise you!

Last edited:

nb_steel

Kill Xmp I Kill ¥ØÚ!!!
Aug 23, 2005
I like Alpha XMP. I'm going to try and not get to excited over this, because it sounds to good to be true... Even though when I first read the title I almost pissed myself! Well, opens up alot of possibilites if it does happen to be true.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
OK, I've ported all XMP sounds (3 MB raw) back to U2, will try to do the same with Textures now.
EDIT: Good news! Only with a few changes, textures are as easy to port as dragging and dropping .utx files! Now we only need Static Meshes. This might be hard - nor UTPT, nor UDE/WoTGreal opens XMP Static Meshes, and they can't be used in drag and drop fashion. But we can still use UCC BatchExport/Import!

Last edited:

Zeji

Nov 8, 2008
Would it be possible to get the Tech, Gunner, and Ranger into the old XMP?

Regarding the name, I think Alpha XMP or XMP2 would suit the game well.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
The classes are already in XMP2 :D But AFAIK they're called differently.

By the way, just a note about converting U2XMP maps: they save Energy Source locations (show a sprite with "ENERGY SOURCE" written on it), Teleporters work (except that they don't have sounds), Energy and Health stations stay (only their scale is too small). Once I get done with Static Meshes (they're very hard to port, unfortunately) and sort out some dependency problems in UTX files, importing maps will be as easy as editing the .T3D file (I have instructions written for sounds and textures, and will write those for Static Meshes once I get it done). Fortunately, only a few lines have to be changed. Then we'll be able to continue with pathing and other things like that.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
News! He talked with both DE and Epic. There are some legal issues still left to solve, but so far everything seems to be moving well. Though don't expect the release too early, will have to wait at least a few months.
As for U2 specific news, well, the RC9 DVD is in perfect condition, so we won't need to fear about having the DVD scratched. Backups are also ready, just to be sure. And we expect the RC9 to be released earlier than the rest, but still not too early.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Wow, I just stumbled upon this topic. If you guys need more testers (of course!) let me know. I'd love to play this stuff. :p

Name suggestion: XϺρ. Note these are greek letters; specifically, Chi San Rho. (San is admittingly an obsolete letter, but Mu appears like a regular capital M. It could probably still be used with regular letters, though: XMρ.)