Far Cry movie trailer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I keel you for the rick roll!!

"is that your gun" :lol:
You have just seen the only good part of the movie, and even that was ruined by a long, unecessary pause where the actors look at each other like, "When is he going to say 'cut'?"

Is "Jack Carver" a common German name? :p

60412 signatures. He's a Doctor? Of Suck?

Last edited:

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
signed. 62,647 now.
Seriously, someone needs to get a restraining order to keep uwe boll at least 1 mile away from any kind of video recording device...

awaw

I didn't survive the '08 BUF crash
Jan 19, 2008
"Based on the best selling video game"
Did I miss something?

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Who greenlights Uwe Bolls films? Who gives him the money? Why do cinema's buy the film to show?

Is there something I am missing here? He has never had a successful movie afaik... I am confused!
I think that depends on what you call 'succesful' ... given his no-budget approach it's probably easier to earn money with them than most Hollywood-budget mega-flops.

besides ... he's German, and as we all know Germans have a strange sense of humour, so perhaps they think it's 'teh funney' ? ;)
(apologies to the Germans on this forum who somehow manage to prove to be the exception to the rule ;))

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
You know I would love to stay optimistic and say that this petition would have some effect and this would persuade some big exec to fire Boll's ass, but seriously when have petitions ever worked? Only one that I have ever seen make a difference was for Jericho, and even then the show lasted for what one more season. Hell the staff shot 2 endings for the season finale, determining if ratings were good or bad. Well we all know which ending was chosen dont we.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Who greenlights Uwe Bolls films? Who gives him the money? Why do cinema's buy the film to show?
Not sure about the cinemas, but Deepsy answered the question about funding on page one.

German investors.

The german gov allow german investors in films to write off 100% of the their investerment in tax deductions. The investor only has to pay taxes if the film is profitable, if not, they get to write off all costs.

Could be why all his films fail hard.

You know I would love to stay optimistic and say that this petition would have some effect and this would persuade some big exec to fire Boll's ass, but seriously when have petitions ever worked?
There was the one for the Bioshock limited edition.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
122,849 signatures
122,867 signatures @ 30 seconds later....

That's getting close to one person every second telling Uwe Boll to "JUST STOP IT, OK!"

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Ha! So Boll has now asked that people make a pro-Boll petition. 1 million signatures to confirm he is "ZE ONLY FACKING DJENIUS IN DIZ BIZNEZZ!!!!"
Check out the YouTube video attached at the end of this Joystiq article.
I really did have to laugh xD

and just to be fair, here's the Pro-Boll petition.
YouTube vid if you're too lazy.

Last edited:

Plasmadaemon

Jan 20, 2008
Picture1-6.png

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Oovuh Boll says "nobody else has made a good film in the last 10 years, I are teh onliest genius in filmland!"

314 Total Signatures