I found a digital camera in the woods (56k warning)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this was interesting, thought I'd drop in to share. Last week I drove to a nearby town in Illinois. The town is surrounded by high hills and almost mountain-like ranges, and you can have a very pleasant hike down any of the numerous trails there. Anyway, I was climbing one trail and enjoying the good weather when I saw what looked like a silver box. When I approached, I saw it was a digital camera!

It's a 3.3 mpixel Powershot S20! Slightly scuffed, but otherwise fine. It rained the next day, so I was really lucky to get there when I did. When I got home, I also saw it had a 300 mb hard drive inside! This must be like a £250 value folks, I pity the fool who dropped it so carelessly. Anyway, just wanted to share. It also had some nice pictures on it, and I'm putting those up in this thread, hence the 56k warning. Not sure why some of them are blurred... I don't have enough webspace free right now, so I resized these and compressed them so I don't put a strain on imageshack or anywhere else.

pshot01.jpg

pshot02.jpg

pshot03.jpg

pshot04.jpg

pshot05.jpg

pshot06.jpg

pshot07.jpg

pshot08.jpg

pshot09.jpg

pshot10.jpg

(there's more...)

Feb 16, 2004
In SevEn DaYs yOu wIlL dIe!....

Or Not :D

realy nice pictures :tup:

This has the makings of an urban legend about it :cool:

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
LIES!

I've seen this on a dozen forums now so I'm going to spoil it for everyone!

It's faked. The images are PSed to show ghosts and creatures in them. The thread originated on SomethingAwfuls forums and has spread.

GeneticFreak

evolves and survives
Oh, I thought some of those were the owner's friends, some were real twigs and trees, and some were just fog effects. Fogs make lots of eerie pics. The last pic shot between the planks I honestly thought it was his friend maybe and he's making pics behind his back while he's changing clothes in one of the room.

Kaligraphic

Charles leChaud is my hero
Oct 22, 2002
Everywhere.
www.google.com
They're still interesting pics, even if I do get a funny sense almost of familiarity from looking at them (oh, and I haven't seen them before - of that I'm certain). Easy test of whether he really got the pics the way he says - have him take a picture of himself with the camera in a mirror.

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
but thats......my trademark cat!!!!
I draw it on every piece of paper, its like my signature D:
(1st+2nd pic)

and who spotted the monkey and the monster in the 3rd pic?

Attachments

• pshot09.jpg
    pshot09.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 52
  • kitteh.jpg
    kitteh.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 14
  • pshot19.jpg
    pshot19.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
So is the whole thread a fake? Did someone really find a camera in the woods with these pics or did he just put the ghost/monster/things in to make it more interesting. Reminds me a bit of Blair witch project. and when I first saw them things in the picture I thought someone had lived through S.T.A.L.K.E.R... creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.