God is the strangest conspiracy theory ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I don't really care about your statistics because nothing you just said refutes what I said in any way shape or form. I never said "All of the greatest scientific minds in the history of the world have believed in God" and I never will. "Many" doesn't imply any kind of a number or percentage whatsoever.

Many implies the majority. That's what I was getting at.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Many is an indefinite, but large number. 'Many of' is equivalent to saying 'most' in most contexts. 'Most of' is a majority. In both cases, many is the majority.

He may have not meant a majority, but in the original statement, that's what it read as.

Edit: Grammar technicalities itt

Double edit: This thread is really quite pointless, but fun.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
He may have not meant a majority, but in the original statement, that's what it read as.
Then you read it wrong. I meant "many". If I meant "most" or "majority" I would have said that. Many implies a large number of people. There are a large number of scientists that believe in some kind of higher power.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
so is most of religion.
"believe in god because this ancient book says so."

wearing undergarments that you believe will protect you from evil is a little crazy.
What? That's not what the garments are there for at all. Your ignorance is showing.

You know, I think K in Men in Black put it best.

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody KNEW the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody KNEW the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow..."

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I don't really care about your statistics because nothing you just said refutes what I said in any way shape or form. I never said "All of the greatest scientific minds in the history of the world have believed in God" and I never will. "Many" doesn't imply any kind of a number or percentage whatsoever.

Cop-out.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I think you can enjoy this beautiful world around you, this magnicificent seemingly endless universe without the need for a god to take comfort in.

I just love it how Carl sagan puts it...

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUoVcb4KOGI[/m]

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Many implies the majority. That's what I was getting at.
Many is an indefinite, but large number. 'Many of' is equivalent to saying 'most' in most contexts. 'Most of' is a majority. In both cases, many is the majority.

You misread it.
He didn't imply it, you inferred it.

I can't top Monty Python but meh... music!
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI&ob=av3e[/M]

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
What? That's not what the garments are there for at all.
A Temple garment (also referred to as garments, or Mormon underwear)[1] is a type of underwear worn by members of some denominations of the Latter Day Saint movement, after they have taken part in the Endowment ceremony. Garments are worn both day and night and are required for any previously endowed adult to enter a temple.[2] The undergarments are viewed as a symbolic reminder of the covenants made in temple ceremonies, and are viewed as either a symbolic or literal source of
protection from the evils of the world.[3]
owned.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I am pleased by DNB's post.

Also, Russell's teapot. Look it up.

@Sir_Brizz
Arbitrary Semantics, or fallacious Argumentum ad Populum. Pick your poison.

Last edited: