UDE Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

o-mikey-o

Nov 17, 2008
Hey can anyone help me with a problem im having with UDE please?

Basically my problem is i cant actually instal UDE, once i download the file and open the zip folder i see a file called 'UDE3005.UT4MOD' however i cant do anything with that file.. it just asks me to open the file with a program from a list or to use the internet.. ive tried both options and neither works

Ive asked a few friends and they are wondering if i need to download a patch for Unreal Tournament 2004 or whether its because im using Vista.

Can anyone please help me out?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
You need to associate it with your UT2004/System/Setup.exe "%1". Or get a RegFix.

By the way, I have some problems with it as well, especially the resize problem: when launched for the first time, UDE sets all windows to be 1024x800 or something like that resolution, and it doesn't reset to normal, 1680x1050 until I close something. Very annoying. Another issue is that it needs all the packages to be exported - but that spams my UT2004 folder! Is there a way to tell it to look at another folder for sources?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
By the way, is it possible to use UDE for other games than UT2004? Like, UT2003? Or is it that limitation that allowed Epic to rename WOTgreal to UDE?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Umm? You DID select UT2004 from the list, didn't you? UT2003 is the default, and if you just clicked OK, then surely everything will go wrongly.