holly ****. need super expert help here.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Yesterday EVERYTHING was working just fine at our work network. Everyone could connect, all was well in the land of Network!

Today nothing ****ing works. I've been working on it since 6am this morning.

I have a modem that is connected to a Linksys Cable/DLS router.

The router is connected to the Dell 24 port switch.

I disconnected everything, let it sit for 5 mins or so un powerd and unconnected from everything. Hooked it all back up. Nothing works.

I bring my laptop down to the server area and connect it directly to the modem. works

Connect the modem to the router, then to the laptop. Works.

Connect the modem to the router, the router to the switch then to the laptop. works.

If I take this same setup, hook it up to one of the desktop PC's, it will not work. I've tried all the wire configurations possible. Hooked up the desktop directly to the modem, fail. desktop to router, fail. the desktop computers WILL NOT work at all.

Only my laptop, and another laptop that was not connected to the network lastnight. Could something have happend overnight?

Also what's werid, is that the network was working this morning, but not the internet. Now nothing works.

Edit/

When I connect a network cable from a desktop to the modem/router/switch, the lights light up like all is ok on the modem or router. But the desktop still does not connect.

Last edited:

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
Do the lights on Desktop network card light up at all?
If they do you may need to check window settings for IP conflicts/ DCHP working properly.
If its a managed switch/hub, try and tell it to act as a DCHP relay and let modem/router handle DCHP requests.

It could also be possible that the switch may have got surged/spiked, and got down the cables to the cards. Those things usaully have all the earthing on bottom front so it can be earthed to ground by server cabinets.

Hard to tell without being there really.