What I'm coding for XMP...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
For those interested, extracting any UScript is not hard at all... I guess it's kinda the Unreal way to let real coders do the extracting themselves. Blame Epic :p The only benefit I see is version matching; if you publish source code and compiled bin, people ALWAYS look at the wrong version of the source and get confused. By compiling your own source into bin, or in this case extracting source from the compiled script, you are much more likely to have the correct version :D

BTW, that website GreatEmerald is using has source code extracted from an old version of XMP (original release?), not the lastest version, which causes some headaches. The only way I knew this was comparing it with the code I extracted. For example it doesn't have the FreeFall mutator, something that was added in a later patch that replaces the use of AsteroidGame.

Again as I explained in the original post, Unreal 2 NPC code was first investigated, and I spent a long time on it. It won't work on XMP, mainly due to some events that Unreal 2 calls on the Controllers are custom made = not from Epic, and not included in XMP.

It's nice to see people looking into the code :) Keep at it and I'll answer questions and suggestions as much as I can.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, I don't like extracting the code as it spawns a hell of unneeded folders which I have to delete and yet make sure that I don't delete what I need. :\
And yes, UT2003/4 is probably closer to XMP than U2, as it's based on the multiplayer template and uses another branch of UE2... The latest one, actually. It's newer than UT2003, and UT2004 didn't get any enhancements from the UT2003 code except for SVehicles.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Each folder holds the code for classes within one package (.u file). If you extract package by package you get one folder at a time.

Ruby Alpha is only one package (all classes in one .u file).