Community Bonus Pack 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I saw this today as I visited my common Unreal sources of information. I'm not on the team.

Homepage:
http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/

Downloads:
Volume 1: http://files.filefront.com/cbp3+volume1+installerexe/;10787522;/fileinfo.html
Volume 2: http://files.filefront.com/cbp3+volume2+installerexe/;12060369;/fileinfo.html
Volume 3: http://files.filefront.com/cbp3+volume3+installer+v2exe/;13841085;/fileinfo.html
Volume 4: http://www.filefront.com/14439017/cbp3_volume4_installer.exe/

I know how much I like new high quality maps so entire packs of them is great.

Opinions?

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Sorry... I just *had* to

BIgoldachievement.png

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
lol, there were two other bonus packs? I didn't even know. :c

That's probably because most community bonus packs have good looking maps with **** gameplay.

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
As long as we can see some of these online, I'll be happy. I hope the UCMP's for UT3 have a wider variety of maps, though, beyond just DM. We need some CTF, VCTF, and WAR lovin'.

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
As long as we can see some of these online, I'll be happy. I hope the UCMP's for UT3 have a wider variety of maps, though, beyond just DM. We need some CTF, VCTF, and WAR lovin'.

Errm.... I wish too but right now the UCMP team is not active and they stated along time ago that there will not have new ucmp pack this time for UT3....

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
mini-review of Volume 1 and Volume 2 maps

Tried these from Vol 1 a while ago, but never posted quick comments:
- CTF-CBP3-Touch >> kinda dark and you definitely need to study layout of the map to know where to go, bots can't defend and you better have new rig to play this one.
- DM-CBP3-August >> great TeamDM map and not really too much like the other August maps from Neoduck.
- DM-CBP3-Endura >> outside in forest with serious z-axis and you will need new rig to play this one as well, could be interesting with TeamDM.
- DM-CBP3-HongKong >> somewhat small map with some z-axis opportunities, bots could be better and definitely watch your back.
- DM-CBP3-IronMaiden2 >> huge DM where hitscan can dominate and best played with TeamDM.
- DM-CBP3-Salvation >> nice space-themed map inside a ship or at an outpost, bots can be tough but mostly not.
- VCTF-CBP3-TheDig >> seems to be a decent VCTF, but not really my favorite gametype but it could be for you.
- WAR-CBP3-Airlock >> crazy inside tight WAR map that doesn't seem to exemplify this gametype, but it seems to work.

OK, so I tried a few of these from Vol 2 a while back, but finishing them up now. Here are my brief thoughts:
- CTF-CBP3-Agonas >> small, good CTF, somewhat tight, great architecture and atmosphere (water, waterfalls, fire, lights and lighting), decent gameplay also (although I was expecting the middle part to open up a bit at first).
- CTF-CBP3-Arean >> smallish decent map, nice ambient sounds, also, good atmosphere and gameplay but bots suck, lots of high ambush points are blocked and moon looks like it's ready to explode.
- CTF-CBP3-Krodan >> tight caves, somewhat open areas, huge waterfalls, liked the statues, can be tight in spots so may need teamwork even with the multiple paths.
- CTF-CBP3-Morgoth >> who turned out the f-ing lights? nice lava/smoke/sky and total atmosphere but too dark, needs slightly more directional indicators besides top menu thing; it probably takes getting used to though.
- CTF-CBP3-TheExcavation >> this is one crazy necritized map, I like the sunset and wormhole/darkness thing going on, wide-open terrain with high paths.
- CTF-CBP3-Vengeance >> mostly tight gameplay but opens up a bit in sections, don't touch the wires although they may be out of reach, nice effects with falling leaves and spaceships, small archways and higher archways look good.
- DM-CBP3-Decay >> small and fun map (especially with TeamDM), bots aren't too bright though, cool green mountains/buildings and river and crystals, mostly tightish gameplay but some z-axis as well.
- DM-CBP3-Solar >> good DM but even better with TeamDM, similar atmosphere to Vengeance with Necris and falling leaves, bots smarter here with nice layout.
- DM-CBP3-Thor >> looks like a combo of Decay and Solar but at night, good gameplay, decent bots and I like the thunder.
- WAR-CBP3-Meditation >> crazy, wild, oriental mountains WAR map (I don't play WAR that often though and I need to play more),"if one more person tells me to grab my orb.....".:)

All and all a great couple of packs, but I know there are more.:)

Last edited: