The making of CTF-Safeguard, Lots of pictures

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beta?, or wait a week or so for final?

• I want a beta

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I'll wait for the full

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Cool this is a good looking level and I am very anxious to play it. Thanks for letting us track the progress in such a unique way. Don't forget that I cook maps for the PS3 and plenty of PS3 gamers will want this level as there is a dearth of good CTF maps on the PS3 so if you need any assistance in that arena let me know.

I did want someone to cook for PS3 so ill see what happens and ill let you know.

as for the map, i did most of the main right room over the weekend, it looks great, I had a big issue with getting it to a point where I was happy with it, i added some of my own ideas and added a power up room under the ramp with worked out quite well.

I was also working on the piece that will join the two baces,, but lost and hour of work on that when UE crached... meh ill do it tomorow..

im 99% finished building, with final lighting

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Can't wait to play this map, it's looking great.

Any idea of map filesize?

umm i estimate when i flip the base to make blue side its guna be somthing like 42mb

I would add more pictures but I now that iv moved i dont have internet except here at work, and we carnt use USB on these PCs.. ill have internet soon though

Last edited:

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Great, that's not to bad, won't be a problem with huge maps anymore once the new patch gets out and we have a working compressed redirect.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
FINISHED YAY!!! after a painfully slow process of flipping the map arround and changing the lights from red to blue, this was an hour and a half process.
I was playing the bots last night, was quite fun, they use allot of the paths :)
just the finishing touches to do now, a few more lights and meches to change colour, and add some defence points and then. im not going to relise a beta, but when i releace the final, if someone finds errors let me know and ill fix.. Ill upload all the "making of" images that iv been taking during development, someone may find these interesteing.

POLL, should i reliase a beta?

I will upload all my making of pictures tonight, there are allot you have not seen, for those interested.
edit, havnt done this yet

Last edited:

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
Thank you.Been looking forward to this one.I will check it out and post back over the weekend.

Hmm link?All I see is the images zip.

Last edited:

unbecoming

The Money U Could Be Saving W/out Barry
Jan 21, 2008
St.Louis,MO
awesome level

This map is very well done beta or not.I highly recommend it to CTF'ers out there.Nice looks,good gameplay,and will more than likely be a keeper for you.It's the best CTF map I have seen thus far.You can easily see Bazz has given it some love.

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
This map is very well done beta or not.I highly recommend it to CTF'ers out there.Nice looks,good gameplay,and will more than likely be a keeper for you.It's the best CTF map I have seen thus far.You can easily see Bazz has given it some love.

wow thanks thats really nice!

Im publishing the final tomorow, there are allot of changes that im sure you will like.. anyone have any final words on how i can get bots to take longer paths... im fussy and want them to attack the long way more often