Slow loading times

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MerryJawa

Apr 17, 2000
Visit site
A mate of mine was playing Q3 and loving it, mainly because UT took 7 minutes to load and it played really choppy. I eventually persuaded him to reformat his hard drive and freshly install Win98 and, of course, UT.

Voila, it now loads quickly and plays very smoothly. Half an hour later and he's seen the error of his ways and is now a total UT convert.

I noticed that the slow loading times are a common problem amongst UT gamers, so thought this story would encourage others to take the plunge and reformat. Good luck if you do.

Ripper069

Feb 8, 2000
Visit site
What are you comparing the load time to???(Q3A)

bullet2.gif

"Where Ever You Go, There You Are" Thunderdome

VooDoo-EoS

Apr 17, 2000
The Netherlands
Visit site
7 Minutes?!?! Whoa dude, something was going seriously wrong on his machine /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif. Nice to know it was fixed (even though it required some pretty extreme measures..hate do this everytime I have a problem...LOL)

skull.gif

bullet2.gif

VooDoo_{EoS}
UT AssaultClan {EoS}

Ripper069

Feb 8, 2000
Visit site
MerryJawa, that's normal (about 30sec. or less), 7 min. /~unreal/ubb/html/redface.gif there was probably something wrong with the system...

bullet2.gif

"Where Ever You Go, There You Are" Thunderdome

[This message has been edited by Ripper069 (edited 04-17-2000).]

something

Apr 12, 2000
any place on the web
Visit site
Funny how we consider 30-60secs "normal." Heck even Win98 loading times are much more and everyone complains about that.

Sure miss those Half-Life days of 5-10 sec loading. Sure made using PingTool a lot easier. (and btw, I don't use pingtool anymore since it does take so long)