UT Nostalgia

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I installed some old games a couple weeks ago. UT 2004, already had UT installed. I have UT 2003, but haven’t installed yet. People seem to like the original UT best, but this seems like a good time to do a sociological study. After that… the oral sex.

What if the first game introduced was 2004? Then 2003 comes out. Of course that wouldn’t be what they are named, but let’s assume the 2004 gameplay was introduced first, then 2003 gameplay, etc., then, finally, UT. Would you think that UT was lame compared to the 2004 and 2003? Would you say with UT that these graphics are lame, the game physics are lame, the levels suck ass, etc?

Reactions: oosyxxx

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Epic has a supposedly big announcement regarding some old UT today. Maybe we'll get a ue4 remake of classic UT(doubt it).

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Yup, breaking news today!

As for which I would rate better? Kind of tough. UT lacks Bombing Run and Onslaught, which were quite awesome. However, in 2004, the guns seemed nerfed and didn't hit as hard as UT. Plus I still think the graphics in 2004 look like plastic.

Without having played them in order previously, I might say that 2004 was better. But UT (even U1) is where my heart would go to.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
I would like to see the games individually. And to my knowledge, UT99 has the most refined gameplay out of all the others. UT2004 has lots of content, but not all of it is of the same quality.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I’m not sure how ‘plastic’ the game looks with the newer UT, but I do know that the detail is nice now that I can crank everything up to max. I bought parts for a new PC last week and installed UT 2004 and UT 2003 and cranked both up to max levels with the graphics. The detail is sweet.

I wonder if the new UT will ever get anywhere, but it sounds interesting. I think one of the downers for me with the newer UTs (10+ years ago) was the learning curve. Not DM or Cap the Flag, but some of the other stuff seemed to take time to get a good feel for what you should do to master the games and by then I got bored and didn’t have enough enthusiasm to stick with the game.

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
It might be worth pulling out the old Nostromo pad and building a PC for :)

giphy.gif