Trying to get back into Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ekimris

Sep 1, 2009
Well, I've never been a major player of Unreal and as of the past five or six years my games have primarily been RTS for competitive play (Warcraft 3) and MMOs for everything else (Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, EvE...), but now I'm heading back to school and won't exactly have the time to invest in an MMO and I'm pretty burnt out on RTS.

So what is one to do? Why, shooters of course! I used to play Tribes 2 pretty heavily back in the day and I've always loved Quake and Unreal and never liked the gameplay of games like Call of Duty. So I'm dusting off UT3 (played it for about a week at release and I'm sure everyone here knows why) and so far am pleased with the improvements Epic has made through the patches. I've always enjoyed following these boards and when I did dabble in 2k4 I enjoyed the weekly FragBU nights, so I figured I'd drop a line and let everyone know the UT3 population is now +1!

After years of non-shooter playing I'm horrendous at the game currently, but the only way to get better is to practice. Assuming I'm not hung up on something else, I should be able to provide some free frags this weekend!

ekimris

Sep 1, 2009
This same name, it was quite a while ago and I wasn't around very often and I certainly wasn't turning any heads with my skills, so there's a low chance of anyone recognizing me :p