Hal - robotic suits

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
The company making them is Cyberdine.
It has to be a joke.

It's all fine and dandy if you show it working on three relatively young people, but show it working on an elderly that usually needs a cane to walk and I will be impressed.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Apparently it also helps lifting heavy objects. There were no demonstration of that whatsoever.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
The company making them is Cyberdine.
It has to be a joke.

It's all fine and dandy if you show it working on three relatively young people, but show it working on an elderly that usually needs a cane to walk and I will be impressed.

"In three years Cyberdyne will become the largest
supplier of military computer systems. All
stealth bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne
computers, becoming fully unmanned, Afterward,
they fly with a perfect operational record."

Oh god!

I agree though, show me some old people or people with difficulty and I will be impressed.

Henry Jones

Jun 27, 2009
About CyberDyne - it's not a joke. I searched Wikipedia for "Cyberdyne" and it gave out these 4 results:
* Cyberdyne Systems (aka Cyberdyne Systems Corporation) - a fictional corporation in the Terminator franchise
* Cyberdyne (Japanese company) - a Japanese company which sells a robot suit called HAL 5 (Hybrid Assistive Limb)
* Cyberdyne Systems Corporation - the former name of Denver, Colorado-based graphic design company Phoenix Visual Arts
* Cyberdyne is the name of the manufacturer of May in the anime Hand Maid May

So it's more like a coincidence. And like TossMonkey quoted the movie the reality is getting closer to that state, but we should hope that everything will be normal.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Wow, I meant it was a "joke" in the sense that they named the company after "Cyberdyne" in Terminator and their robotic exoskeleton "HAL" after the computer in Space Odyssey. We all know how both of these ended up like in the story of the movies, so the joke is that they use the same name...
I don't believe it's a coincidence at all.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
I foresee a lawsuit!!!! ,, lol:mad:
robocop-792844bmp.jpg