UE1 - UT StÅRGÅTE Project "Unreal" -Recruitment-

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pyronious

Good morning vietn.. Unreal!
Mar 10, 2008
ehm, we don't try to create it like "just like in the TV series".
we all just think of a storyline individual, and we create it in 3-5 maps each.
At our SGC, was our plan, you can choose one of these storys, and play it.

Like... ehm, 6 six guys work in a snackbar, and they all think of different sandwiches. They put all different sandwiches on the menu, Voilá.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Yes that has to be one of my favorite SG-1 episodes.

But yeah you guys could totally do something like 'Wormhole Xtreme' and there is nothing that MGM could do about it..well if you call it 'Wormhole Xtreme' then they could.

Or if they dubbed it "Wormhole Extreme" Would it still be a possible target by adding the The extra "E" there? I know its a lil nitpicky but still, trying to cover fanny here....and with what I ate last nite thats a big problem atm. XD

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Wormhole Xtreme? :)
Hell,this series is a pure rip-off.:lol:

I hope this mod get done in the future and I hope there won't be any problems for it.I personally would like it when there is a mod with many...extremely many maps of Stargate and the whole technology,like the battle ships and environments and so on.BUT,it is just a matter of the permission stuff,I also would like it if there is a Stargate mod for UT3,you know,UT3 has the right technology to make the greatest mod ever,but it is just a matter of time and permission.Stargate is like Unreal a kind of drug in my life.:)

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
:p well, if you have Unreal1 with 227b, or UnrealGold with 227b, then you can see what we have already, only when the server is on. :)P)

At least we can also call it TravelGate.. if Stargate isnt allowed. :)

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
hmm.i wanna help out here.
how about a name which is universal and the stargate dudes cant fight it
coz they got it from somewhere else also?maybe mythology.

for example ...one of the starships or something else.you guys know better than me.

lets say: (insert name here)-the gates to (insert name here)

i hope its usefull.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
No you can't. It's "their" logo and "they" have the exclusive right to use it and to grant others the limited right to use it for specific things.
("their"/"they" being whoever owns the Stargate intellectual property)

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
We can also just call it Travelgate ^^ and leave everything as it is. just change the Stargate to Travelgate. Done. I talked with sm1key about it, it sounds good :p

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
No you can't. It's "their" logo and "they" have the exclusive right to use it and to grant others the limited right to use it for specific things.
("their"/"they" being whoever owns the Stargate intellectual property)

MGM and a few Software facilities from what I understand. Yes Wormbo is right. At any given point if mgm wants to do so? "Any" website with Stargate logos or images can/could be sued because of the corporate standards rights and limitations fans don't have. Thats also how some fandoms die as a result as well.

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
Leonardo have you read my post ?

When ppl see a stargate-like thingy the will start to think its stargate - Bingo.

Sm1key, what do you say of Travelgate ? its a small edit of the titel.. and the clan. it would be [TGC] instead of [SGC].. It's just stupid that we risk breaking copyright of stargate.. Actually I think they won't actually make a problem out of it. It's just a small mod in the world of games. I think they have greater problems, like ppl who say stargate is theirs. All we actually do is making Advertising for their show on TV! xD

So, IF we can't contact them, we must choose the other name. IF they give permission for that name,( ONLY for that name) we can keep it ^^.

I think this is the homepage of the show:

http://stargate.mgm.com/

so if someone can email them with our status, and invitation to our forum to discuss it..

Leonardo can you do that ? Ive seen you are a great guy with this stuff :p

Since sm1key is sick and ill...

http://stargateunreal.freeforums.org/new-member-qtit-coder-and-mapper-modeler-t65-30.html#737

Last edited:

Pyronious

Mar 10, 2008
well, i aint got no WIP shots.. but eh, we search animators!! xD someone who can possibly teach me.

Okey the status:

Sm1key = Real Life Problems.
Leonardo = Uknown, i geuss he just got revived :D
the rest of the team = Idle. Don't know really.

Screenshots:

I learned how to make models in 3dsmax 2008.
detonichandswk2.png

(The hands need to be replaced, i created these myself. They Su©k.)
detonichandgr0.png

50774ld9.png

And the AR-10T wich is in progress by Sm1key:
3077art10pv2.jpg

525art10testpv.jpg

The SIG 552, in progress by Me. I dont know how to animate, and im waiting for Qtit to give me the hands he used for the P90.
sig552texme0.png

sig552fpda7.png

Well andeh.. perhaps i can give you a few In-Game screenshots from maps that havent been finished yet. There are (possibly) serval scenario's in progress, ill give a few of mine.(mine is also not finished, but it runs on the server as test.) Ill give a view screenshots of the map im working with, they are not with Light rebuilded.

ILL DO THIS LATER, UPLOADNIG TAKES ALOT OF TIME xD!

well, visit our new homepage for more information. Its updated when there is an update. :)

Bye!