First model and assistance requested

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jan 27, 2005
Attached image will show you my problem :p
I also need to know if it's too high poly, it's over 8000 polys triangulated.
Thanks.

Attachments

• robot.JPG
    robot.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 82

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
DUDE THAT IS PWNAGE Though i don't like all those square things

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Nice, Cart but I'm not sure about the polycount - I think the editor will take it though I recently had to export a model from Max and use Milkshape to get a v. high poly model down to 4,000 in the Ed and needless to say it took forever to do it ;)

Be watching the progress :)

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
Take most of those square thingy's polys and do somthin to those leg joints i don't like the 2 little thin things :rolleyes:

Jan 27, 2005
Got a head for it and I'm having trouble getting it into uPaint to texture. I know I'm misssing some step somewhere, but I can get it into the game, but uPaint can't open it to texture.

Help a n00b? :)

Jan 27, 2005
Well that's beyond gay.
Why would they show you how to do something in a program you can't use anyway? The tutorials I have use Maya to model and Upain to texture, and they never said you can't use Upaint.
If I can't get it to work I'm not going to bother finishing the model, it'll take me a year to get it right, I leave home in less than 9 months for another college.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I'm sure it is possible to skin it in Upaint... You just need to uvmap and unwrap in maya and export the .psk mesh and textures into upaint to skin it from there. Personally I found Maya much harder than 3DStudio to model though so I can't really help you with that prog - sorry :(

:)

Death Dream

Sadistic Loser
Dec 4, 2004
USA, Iowa
deathdream.hollosite.com
I like and use maya 6.0 my self. how i texture my stuff is i open the UV editor and take a uv snap shot and edit it in Photoshop. Its really not that big of a pain seeing on how i dont like to use Upaint unless i need to find something (i find upain only good for marking and finding were stuff is located). But i guess thats just me :)

If you dont now how to take a uv snapshot just ask

~Death Dream~