Japanese music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
Who here listens to a lot of japanese music? Do you listen more to anime music or just general j-pop? If the latter, how do you choose which songs you listen to? Also, who are your favorite artists?

Personally, I used to listen only to anime music, now I listen to j-pop too. I can't stand Western (US, British, etc.) music. I choose my songs from what's popular at www.oricon.co.jp, although I don't always like the #1 songs. The song I'm listening the most right now is Stand Up - Kuraki Mai, maybe a little of Tentai Kansoku - Bump of Chicken. Generally prefer Megumi Hayashibara, and some songs from Okui Masami. No particular favorites for generic j-pop.

Last edited:

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Megumi Hayashibara is probably my favorite artist. Period. She's in d*mn near every anime in existence and, if she's not, you can bet that one of her songs is. What I've been looking into recently is traditional Japanese music (shakuhachi, koto, etc), but I haven't been able to find any quality pieces yet.

-Keiichi

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
I dunno what I have since Singapore only get whats HYPED.
But my personal favourites are:
The Brilliant Green, Hikaru Utada, Namie Amuro, Glay, L'ARC-EN-CIEL, Aikawa Nanase, Ayumi Hamasaki(hype, hype, hype), Yuzu!, and whos that singer who sings Sukiyaki?
Who can forget Chage & Aska.

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
that song at the end of parasite eve was pretty cool, but verry few people can beat that game, so whatever...