#vCTF @ gameradius.org IRC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

`Throwdown

Jan 27, 2008
I have created a IRC channel on gameradius, for the purpose of kick starting the vCTF community. As in 2k4, the channel can be used as a homebase for matches, scrims, PUGS and/or general chat about the gametype.

Everyone and anybody with a interest in the vCTF gametype, feel free to join, idle and support us. The more people the better ... as we all know it is initiation of our community as a whole will be the only thing keeping it afloat.

I am looking for a few servers who would be willing to donate and allow us to use their server(s) for PUG's. For those who don't know, that's an abb. for "Pick up game".

PUGBOT is also coming soon.

In 2k4, (with join effort of www.vehiclectf.com who is longer around) we built quite a successful community. And I am hoping to duplicate those efforts in the newest edition of UT. As we all know, it needs all the help it can get.

Thank you for those who are willing to take the game to the next level, beyond simple pubs.

`Throwdown

Jan 27, 2008
Scrimbot is up, PUGbot is up, TS2 is up (Here is the server IP: 69.93.198.186:8767 pw: vctf), game server confirmed in the next few days.

please stop by irc.gameradius #vctf

Last edited:

`Throwdown

Jan 27, 2008
Always love for the EU. Just gotta deal with the ping differential. Anyone is more than welcome to play.

So stop in and say hello at least, check it out. Its on gameradius because there are more "competitve" players, and players in general on this network as oppose to quakenet. So its a much bigger target audience... even considering this network is where all the other big PUGS are located. Give a try sometime.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Que?

Last I checked all other NA players are on GameSurge. Everyone and every game. Except the UT community, who for no good reason, refuse to assimilate in an effort to get more people to join the community.

`Throwdown

Jan 27, 2008
Que?

Last I checked all other NA players are on GameSurge. Everyone and every game. Except the UT community, who for no good reason, refuse to assimilate in an effort to get more people to join the community.

Maybe players who pub. But on gameradius its the competitive CTF, TDM, and now vCTF players. UT99 speedpug, the biggest thriving UT pugging around as well.

Also the home irc network of the "pro" UT competitors. Like that means anything, but what I am saying is: it's the majority. But yeah there are quite a few people on gamesurge. Me and alot of other players used to call it home. Too many issues forced the move i suppose. I just migrated with the crowd. And so did the PUG channels.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Que?

I mean GS is where everyone else is that plays anything other than UT. I know GR is where UT is, but GR is not where anyone else is, and no one knows about it besides the 75 competitive UT players. I doubt it would cause a huge influx of players, but moving UT's IRC home to GS where all the other gamers are can't hurt. It might make some UT players cry in protest, but overall it can't hurt the community.

Right now the competitive UT community is effectively invite-only because no random players from other games will know it has its own network. Only UT players already within the community know about it, and that's the problem. Yeah, those random players could find someone to ask, but odds are they will only /j #ut3 while on GS, see no one's there, and leave.

Then again, what do I know? /shrug