Killing Floor Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Killing Floor, a rather scary UT2004 mod in the vein of Resident Evil, has had its first public release.
Killing Floor is a Survival-Horror UT2004 total conversion modeled after such terrifying zombie fare as "28 Days Later" and the "Resident Evil" series. The demo features 3 of the mod's weapons, five of its unique zombie types, and a sneak peak at the claustrophobic "Biotics Lab" map.
Sounds like a winner to me! The Demo is 60 MB, and you can get it at their site.

Mad Max RW

Road Warrior
Nov 13, 2003
www.duckandcover.net
Holy **** this is pretty good. It has some problems such as the weak gun sounds, a nonexistent crosshair, and I can't find extra ammunition anywhere. But that doesn't take away from how creepy the mod is overall. The single map is awesome. You can block yourself and team in a room and take on tons of zombies, which look great btw. The heavy breathing really adds to the atmosphere, although it can get annoying. Taking damage is well done with the slashes and seeing red.

Hope to see more from Killing Floor in the future.

FBMachine

Crack Head
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
Pretty sweet, I love the atmosphere. I agree about the weak gun sounds though. This will be way cool with co-op. :) MadMax - there is extra ammo in that large room to the right I think, it's on the shelves. I'm not too sure a buy menu for weapons in the full version is a good idea though... I'll be keeping my eye on this. :)
Daniel

Mad Max RW

Road Warrior
Nov 13, 2003
www.duckandcover.net
FBMachine said:
Pretty sweet, I love the atmosphere. I agree about the weak gun sounds though. This will be way cool with co-op. :) MadMax - there is extra ammo in that large room to the right I think, it's on the shelves. I'm not too sure a buy menu for weapons in the full version is a good idea though... I'll be keeping my eye on this. :)
Daniel

Yeah, I found the ammo at the top of the staircases. For some reason I don't pick it up half the time. Or it doesn't respawn or something.

I can't wait until multiplayer and coop. They mention buying more weapons between rounds in the future. This can be really damn good.

Inferny

Apr 4, 2005
Just me, or does the link for the mod take you to a french file hosting site?

[Pmods]Necrophage

Sep 10, 2004
Hi, I'm from http://www.pmods.net. The url brought you to our website because the Killing Floor website had reached its bandwith's limit. We've solved the problem.

http://www.pmods.net is the host of killingfloor.

If you want to help Mr.Kadish and his team, just post your comments on his forum : http://mrkadish.proboards40.com/ .
By the way, if you want to have more fun, just enter "ToughLove" in the console and you will have a powerful weapon in your hands.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Seems like this should be quite a nice mod. :tup:
I'm not a big fan of wave based games, but this is kinda fun.
It looks really good though, reguardless of gameplay.

The few things I did'nt like:

- Sound of the MG does'nt have enough 'oompf'. Sounds like a crappy snare drum at the momment, IMHO.
- ATM I feel that when you get hit, the blury effect is a bit too OTT. It makes life too hard for the player at the moment.
- Could do with a torch, in my opinion.
- Can't pick up the ammo?

Niec things:

- The music
- The atmosphe[a]r
- The phsysics. (quite cool to see the zombies pushing along a cupboard or something.)
- The models and maps in general.
- Not having a cross hair. + the weapons are really well implemented, as you dont seem to suffer from bad aiming even though you have no cross hair.

[Pmods]Necrophage

Sep 10, 2004
The fact is that you have different places where to pick up ammo and health :
- in the kitchen
- in the labs (+kevlar vest)
- in the large place with stairs
- in the medic places

I agree that KF needs more polishing. In my opinion, animations could be better and a flashlight could be implemented.
The fact is that is the demo, not an alpha or beta. The development is quite well advanced and the fully alpha or beta will have multi inside, more maps, more weapons and zombies. Mr.Kadish wanted people to see a part of what have been done to have feedbacks and comments.