UE3 - UDK Problem Importing Weapon Animations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

2door

Feb 14, 2010
Hello I am new here, yay!

Anyway, I am in the process of importing some weapons into my udk based game. It is as part of my university final year project. It all works fine and I can use the guns in the game. However, I can't seem to animate the individual components of the weapon (such as the clip opening or the bolt moving back).

My weapons work as follows:

I have copied the shockrifle 4 times as a base for the four weapons. The code has been modified (changing paths and names) and that all works fine! My rig has the muzzleflash and main bone. The weapon model and all its components are attached to that main bone. That bone is then animated for each of the 5 required animations (weaponfire, weaponaltfire... etc). I can make the weapon move but I cannot animate individual parts of it. Any suggestions?

Also, for the pickup messages, in-game, I have to make an INT file to have "Shotgun" appear instead of "Weapon" when I pick up a gun. Is there a trick to this, which file has to be altered or where should this new .int file go.

I have looked at all the weapon import tutorials on the web and they don't cover this.

Thanks,

kellett66

Apr 25, 2010
hey make sure you have all these cheacked

1. each element of you weapon has to have its own bonme e.g. any object that was attached as a seprate mesh to make one mesh. and all bones are linked to the Root Bone.

2. the Ammo Clip has a bone but is not linked to the the Root Bone everything else is

3. in the Editor open your AnimSet click the AnimsSet tab next to Mesh and make sure "bAnimRotationOnly" is uncheacked this allows roataional animation to be enabled

hopfull these help