Poll: Best controller for UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathSpawn

Dec 12, 1999
www.fraggem.com
I didn't want to read all the reply's for this but I'll tell you what you really need. You need a 2 button mouse with a wheel. You also need to be lefthanded so you can use the keypad for movement and weapons selection. And non of that inverted mouse crap. for all of you righthanded people. I'l love to see you select weapon '9' as fast as I can on the keypad :)

Voyd-

Nov 24, 1999
Visit site
cebu, oh...ok hehe i thought it would be hard at first but when i popped open that sucker, i found it pretty easy to fix it up(the broken trigger), and i dont have any special skills at all. the springs, well that was childs play, anyone could do it. hey they are free, so why not.

panther Pro USB is supposed to come out early 2000 i think. the entire thing was designed with durability and quality in mind. hope they pull thru on that.

falcon622

Feb 10, 2000
Visit site
well heres what I use.

Arrow keys to move.
Spacebar-jump
fmb-fire
mmb-jump
smb-secondary fire
My whole numberpad is made of speech commands. Here we go...
0-incoming!
.-under heavy attack
1-roger
2-on my way
3-in position
4-under heavy attack (again)
5-i need some backup!
6-you got point
7-control point is secure (for CTF)
8-got your back
9-same team!
/-"sniper alert! sniper alert!"
*-"Can't find the flag!"
- -Say
+-Teamsay

there we go. I hope that helped you.

bullet2.gif

## THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END OF MY MESSAGE! ##

Mallus

Feb 18, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
Visit site
Wow...its interesting that people have such varied setups; i had always vaguely imagined everyone using basically the same thing. Brand spankin new to this forum, but i figured i'd throw my 2 cents in...i use a noninverted 2-button wheel mouse (saving up for an intellieye or whate'er they're called), arrow keys next to numpad for forward, back, strafe left, strafe right. Ctrl for jump, 0 on the numpad for duck (left pinky and left thumb, respectively). I'm sure there are much more efficient setups, but this is the one i've been using since i bought the game and i've gotten too used to it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Waitaminnit...is that a sniper in those shad"
-Last thoughts of many a bot

Angus

Jan 24, 2000
Edmonton,AB,Canada
www.damclan.com
Panther XL !!! Thats what I use and it Rocks. I used to use a Wingman Warrior so the learning curve for me was a non issue. The are some problems with durability ie: the springs and trigger. Madcatz will replace both for free and any one who can use a screwdriver should be able to replace them. I have not had any problems with mine though.
Pros:
- Full 3d look as sensitive as you want.
- Full 3d movement circle strafing is easy.
- 17 buttons.
- Heavy it sticks to the table well.
cons:
- You may need to clean it if you sweat.
- learning curve.

Also the PXL Pro will be out soon and it will be USB. I will buy one when it comes out even though I love my PXL.

@Deathspawn: I am righthanded and I use the Numpad since the good old Duke-Days. I like the feeling about it more than the WSAD-Thing, because the Keys are aligned in straight Rows horizontally and vertically.

I use also use a Logi Mousemanwheel [USB]. I think it is important to asign keys to every single Weapon. The Numpadkeys (and the surrounding Keys) offer enough "place" for every Weapon, plus some additional gimmicks like behindview for looking around corners etc. I also use one Mousebutton for centerview, which allows great (and also easymade) Headshots - works on planes only.

Nero

Apr 10, 2000
Visit site
A intella mouse explorer or an sidewinder dualstrike.

bullet2.gif

Nero
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Spoonness of noneness-Neo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>