What do you think about DM-Cloudwar?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think about DM-Cloudwar?

• It is GREAT!!!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Fantastic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revolutionary level design!!

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Simply Leet!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It's OK!

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

l3hmi

Jul 3, 2001
germany
www.planetunreal.com
i voted for revolutionary leveldesign... its has something new... after playing it a bit against 15 bots ... i found something... something NEW... it has nothing in common with the original levels... or with those so called "ownage maps"... its a gamefeeling i never had before... guess this map won't leave my hd without my permission...

i hope i can test it in LAN with some friends the next days...

the item placement is also something new...

i hope alexander ][ realeases a new version much better verision... or maybe a second edition of the map...

Oh ok, I saw the last thread and played the map.

and it's a complete bore, I won't bother joining in with David by being sarcastic, I feel it is my right, and my responsibility as a gamer to stand up and say,

Don't bother d/l the map, from what the author is saying to everyone giving him feedback, he is lost in his own illusion of what gameplay is ( damn Id Lackeys, their poisoning the world!) and is obviously kissing his own a$$ too much too realize just how many people are laughing at him behind his back, my last count comes to, just about everyone I know on this board.

AlexanderII

Ready to play Duke Nukem?
Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
l3hmi wrote
i hope alexander ][ realeases a new version much better verision... or maybe a second edition of the map...
I've been working some more on it since september. It's January now. A newer preview is already included in the package. It's a total remake - I made it from scratch. Only just texture alignment took me 2 nights in a row. It's dark for I wanted to experiment on it and make day/night changing all the time. But I'm not sure that will look nice in UT.
In my latest version there's lots of lighting tricks, but it's now slow. I'll have to cancel some of my ideas.
Whatever, I like the demo as it is now, and I think adding stuff to it will make it too heavy.
Best wishes!

AlexanderII

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
DavidM:
Learning the interface took me a lot of time. Converting the map took me about a week of work and that was in September. It was a version 13 on my hard drive that bacame DM-CloudWarDemo. I've done 8 more versions so far but that one Demo is still the best playable version so far. I don't thing that there is much one can add to it. There's a good principle: KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). That's basically my major point. I don't say that all maps must be simple - NO. But guess why so many people like DM-Deck and CTF-Faces?

Best Regards,

AlexanderII

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
[IMD1]KillRoy
1> Because there simple?
2> Because they have gameplay?

Choose yourself

simple is not gameplay
gameplay is not simple

U follow?
They are both there, in the maps. United they are strong.
Why would I choose one or the other?
Regards,

AlexanderII

Status
Not open for further replies.