Killing a man's feet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Even with the bullet stopped by a helmet, even though you might not die, you would get knocked about, and you might get a concussion or similar from the impact.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
knocked about, and you might get a concussion or similar from the impact

:hmm: I don't know. Maybe for a .50 caliber.
Don't forget you have the same impact on your head than the recoil...

Maybe you will get injured, but you will may be incapacited several days after...

Because a head shock can cause internal dammage and you see the effect some day after. I experimented that with my left hook :D

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I don't know. Maybe for a .50 caliber

DarkBls I'm ashamed of you. You should know better. :D A .50 calibre BMG round will travel right through a helmet with relative easy, blowing the poor target's head out the back of his skull.

----------

What I want to emphasize to vereyone here (and what I say over and over), is that you have to remember that in INF "DEAD" isn't always dead.

In the game, what most of us consider to be "dead" is in fact "out of combat capability". That means that you are in a state that you are no longer able to contribute to battle. That COULD be death, but could also mean hydrostatic shock, severe pain, unconscious, immobile, etc.

The number of shots required in any part of your body to be considered "dead" for game purposes is the same (with the exception of the head). If we think of it in the way that the beretta M9 takes 3 shots to make a "kill", then even 3 shots in the foot would almost definately also put a real soldier out of immediate combat action, as would any 3 such shots to any part of the body.

Think in realistic terms, and remember that INF avoids randomness for gameplay reasons (we all know that some have continu3ed on with such injuries, but these occurences are BY FAR the minority), and issues like this answer themself.

The current INF soldier is actually MUCH ,ore capable than a real soldier would be, as he only has two states "In Action" and "Out of Action". He can take a shot in the chest, foot etc. with no discernable effect. It isn't until he takes enough damage to "put him out of action" does he lose any ability, it just happens that he loses ALL ability at that point.