about coding

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I'd really like to create some things for UT2004, but I quickly found out that mapping wasn't quite my thing to do. Maya was so confusing that I closed the program before it actually started, so creating static meshes wasn't something for me either (pretty useless too when you can't map). It's not that I don't wanna learn, it's just I don't have the urge to do it or when I do it, to finish it.

I'd like to do some coding instead. I know I'm fairly good with coding (do HTML and Visual Basic, but not on a high level because there wasn't any reason to), so I'd like to do that instead of mapping. I just don't know how to get started with it. I have the DVD version, so I can watch VTMs, but that to explain how to do/use it. I wanna know what I need to code. I guess they don't use Notepad, and UEd is more for the mappers. Does anyone know what I need, or what's useful to have/use?