Deus Ex mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Ok, my final list of the stuff I think needs fixing or dont like.

1 Auto-Reload is broken
2 AR now doesnt have to reload any more(prob tied into #1)
3 EMP darts weak. Much better then flare darts, but it takes too many darts to take down a medium or large bot, only really usefull on small spiders. Could you up the emp damage, or perhaps make it a scrambler or explosive arrow?
4 N/M
5 3 or 4 times my weapon has locked up when it runs out of ammo in a clip, then I cant change weapons or drop it, had to load a saved game, perhaps this is from #1
6 Hazmat suits seem to stop working right after a while(got one on with full charge and it hasnt been loosing charge, I think its still protecting me though) Been using this same one for half the game.
7 Let EMP and Gas damage count towards skill points.

Thats it for now, if I think of anything else, I will add it to the list.

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
EMP darts are aimed mostly at disabling turrets and cameras. Otherwise there'd be little point to using any of the other EMP things. At least that's the logic I had in mind when setting the damage.

EMP darts become regular darts because after impact they have expended their charge.

Hazmat suits use charge based on relevant damage they absorb. Apparently the charge expended per point of damage absorbed should be increased considerably.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Ah, that explains the EMP darts now, didnt think of using them on cameras and stuff.

Found out what happened with the Haz suit and the armor I was wearing, somehow they got turned off somewhere but were still being listed on my HUD.

Sergeant_K

Oct 1, 2005
I've just tried this mod and it works great! That auto reload bug seems to keep the sawed-off shotgun from ever reloading, and once the ammo counter hits zero it freezes up and I have to reload the game.

Is there any way to combine this mod with the Shifter mod? I like both of these and they both add great things to the game. But they both also replace the Deus Ex.u file.

Sergeant_K

Oct 1, 2005
Well, I got the .u files to go into .uc files and edited them from there, though now I can't get them to turn back into a .u file. My UccMake.bat file skips it when compiling. How did you compile the uc files into the DeusEx.u file, is there a special way to do it?

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
You have to delete DeusEx.u for ucc to recompile it.
I, personally, edited it in UEd.

Snake007

Feb 24, 2006
Weapon Mod

Hi Can Any One Post Me The LInk To Download Weaponlord For Deus Ex Please Please?

Snake007

Feb 24, 2006
Thank You For Telling Me Smoke I Will Remember That But A Forum Told Me I Could Find It But Best To Beleve You