Magma Gun Beta 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
I love the flamer secondary, it's perfect, and it doesn't hog my frame-rates.

The primary was well.. normal. No special comments about it, apart from that this is UT2003, man! Where are the big flame explosions!? :p

One thing I would like to suggest is lowering the momentumtransfer value for the secondary attack, because when I torch somebody to cinder I don't really expect them to fly backwards. :p

But nitpicking aside, I liked it. :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The primary muzzle flash is still green, and I still managed to hurt myself with secondary a few times. At least I think I did.

Last edited:

SamMaster

Master of the Super Weapons
I tried for a while and it only would do it when you'd double-dash. *Edit: Only once did it do it.* Anyway... Yeah I have to work on that green flash. As for the primary explosions, its kinda hard to rotate them as the explosions are not in the explode() function but in a custom function, BlowUp(), as the globs are, because they don't always have a hitlocation to reffer to. This ends up making the explosion rotation to be towards the player, not the floor. I even tried complex algorithms to make this work combined with global variables to reference any hitlocation, but no go.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I kill myself with secondary all the time, and even just summoning it and picking it up caused a 40 FPS drop. This happened once before in UT with some weapon mutator too.