Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I want to announce that Delacroix is not on this project anymore, all his input stays and he will not be removed from credits or anything like that. But he doesn't even want to communicate with me so I am cutting him from the team roster for now.

But, I won't allow myself to be mistreated and I am done with forums in general after argument in yet another Unreal related forums (in which I was "almost" banned only because of me calmlmy discussing point of some rule).
I made a video on youtube speaking with my voice about this decision so you can go and take a look. The microphone is pretty bad (its the oldest one I had, all I have left since I lost my recent one) and I had to be really close to it so I could be heard, when I am heard from like distance or really silent it is when i got a bit away from it, since the microphone is really broken and old and I had to adjust the volume for the sound clip as well.

I was told that I "reap what I sow" pretty much.

I was under constant pressure anyways, always pleeding for new content and progress to show. This will take now slower pace, all the demo levels are finished but I will wait on masterunreal's stuff and papercoffee's and then I will release the thing. My only posts will be on this thread in future when there's update to be said.

There's plenty of things in the world to get stressed about and your hobbies shouldn't be among them. A prioject like this is going to be slow anyway. Slow and tedious, especially since you're mostly refining someone else's old work. Any mapper knows that the most frustrating part of a project is that last phase when you're cleaning everything up and fixing all the bugs...and that's basically what this entire project is; fixing and polishing.

As for Dela, I was chatting with him pretty frequently earlier in the week so I know he's around. How do you usually contact him?

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
There's plenty of things in the world to get stressed about and your hobbies shouldn't be among them. A prioject like this is going to be slow anyway. Slow and tedious, especially since you're mostly refining someone else's old work. Any mapper knows that the most frustrating part of a project is that last phase when you're cleaning everything up and fixing all the bugs...and that's basically what this entire project is; fixing and polishing.

As for Dela, I was chatting with him pretty frequently earlier in the week so I know he's around. How do you usually contact him?

It's not just that anyways, I fixed pretty much every bugs that were found so far, but I can't do the skins or stuff like that so I'm gonna wait for that because they were promised.

I usually contact him through msn or steam but he went offline two days ago after being day gone and siding with someone I had problem with and yesterday he pretty much told me that I reap what I sow. So unless he shows some respect and understanding, he is gone from this project, if I reap what I sow then he does too.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
OK, so if you're going about private discussion then how about you tell Will that you basically told me to F-U-C-K myself?! Because from what I see, you haven't told him that... Just because for once I had a different opinion on the matter? Thing is, I have heard this multiple times, like 'respect my decisions or gtfo seriously' and the like, and eventually I've HAD ENOUGH. I DON'T WANT to be on any projects with you, I DON'T WANT to have anything to do with you. I'm not offline from MSN or Steam, I BLOCKED you from my contacts list, it's all. I've just had enough. I can't have a different opinion than you, or else I am told to f*** off... Well, news-flash, matey -- I did just that. I f***ed off. Reap what you sow.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
OK, so if you're going about private discussion then how about you tell Will that you basically told me to F-U-C-K myself?! Because from what I see, you haven't told him that... Just because for once I had a different opinion on the matter? Thing is, I have heard this multiple times, like 'respect my decisions or gtfo seriously' and the like, and eventually I've HAD ENOUGH. I DON'T WANT to be on any projects with you, I DON'T WANT to have anything to do with you. I'm not offline from MSN or Steam, I BLOCKED you from my contacts list, it's all. I've just had enough. I can't have a different opinion than you, or else I am told to f*** off... Well, news-flash, matey -- I did just that. I f***ed off. Reap what you sow.
I told him that in PM. You can pretty much go to hell with such attitude, I had a day full of stress and you were gone, not around to help me or support me and when you come back all I hear that I wasn't respecting rules or violating them. Well then don't wonder that I told you to fuck off seriously. But if you were a man you would come to discuss it (and not flee like an insulted girl) and when I tried to talk to you calmly you just decided to ignore me and told me I reap what you sow. How fucking arrogant of you. So you reap what you sow too. How many times I have hosted shit on my space on unrealtexture for you, uploading even stuff that could have put the site in danger. This is how you thank me for all I've done? Either stay on my side or fuck off man. You've gotten insane since you are gone from the RUFX clan.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
There was nothing left to discuss as I stand firm in my opinion -- you violated a rule, you blew the entire stuff out of proportions, you had a fight. There was no fault in them, only you. And being stressed is no excuse to be treating me like this or bringing politic examples into a 'don't double-post' rule debate. I could've let those reactiosn of yours slide once, twice, or even more times, but eventually I just said no and now I'm an 'insulted girl'? A man knows when to stop, and I'm stopping this just now. Like I said, I DON'T WANT to have anything more to do with you.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
it is getting at the level like Hitler used to be, if you can't see it then I am sorry for you my friend.

And the political shit with Obama & Adolf below. You did blow this out of proportions, period. All because of a simple rule being discussed. And know what? Thanks for publically posting the proof you're WRONG.

Gizzy

The Banhammer Cometh
May 30, 2009
United Kingdom
MEANWHILE.

I really enjoyed testing this. I think the PSX port did justice to the Unreal series and I was thoroughly impressed. Can't wait for final! :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Nowhere, I could release as it is now and it is fully playable as such and has been tested extensively, but there is other content being made that will be included in the maps, like the custom skins and pawns, so you have to be patient. Screaming for download links won't help the matter. It's better to wait than to have multiple versions of same files (the online mismatches for example).

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
About all skins are finished by now (all papercoffee's stuff is done maybe except for one skin which I am not completely sure about, but it is minor). And I am quite satisfied by his work and I think it was worth the wait.

The issues I had with Delacroix were also resolved meanwhile.
Anyways, still I need certain stuff before I will release it, master unreal's beta pawn remakes, another skin and a new quadshot. Then it will be finally ready for release.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Alright, posting new screenshots.
This skin was originally created for Fay as a mistake for female2 but stays for a player-choice as a character simply named "Hunter" and probably I can add it later in the campaign as carcass or something like that.
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0033.png[/screenshot]

Rest of the screenshots as follows:
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0021.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0022.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0023.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0024.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0025.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0026.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0027.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0028.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0029.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0030.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0031.png[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/screenshots/Shot0032.png[/screenshot]

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Project is not dead and it is still going on, though Leo has not been seen anymore on forums because he's having heavy technical issues.

Work is still going on. Several maps have been revised again, and one of the designers (Matthew Kagle) found more lost/unfinished/test levels ready to get fixed and most probably placed in the mappack.
UPSX now fully supports Oldskool, without bugs hopefully, and the classic teleport effect from Unreal 1 DM has been brought back including that quick FOV switch (remember?).

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
More info at ut99 thread btw. However there is an issue with model converter, which needs to be solved and I am not sure if it will be solved in time. Masterunreal has been doing some pawn/etc reworks that I really need to include with the release of episode 1 part 1 of upsx rework, the problem is the technical aspect right now, I hope if he will be unable to figure it out there will be volunteers to help. The model formats are extreme mess these days and the conversion process is often buggy, unless you use really old versions of the programs or something which are not really longer avaiable.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The current status of this project is rather frozen, while I had Qtit help figure out the mesh issues for masterunreal, masterunreal himself didn't respond for a very long time and even his steam profile seems to be gone, so I have no idea what's up. He had most of the models finished, but he never sent me the .obj files or the work stuff itself and without it I am pretty much screwed, the only things he sent me before July were the files ready to compile with unreal. I am rather worried though, not just because of the project but also because of masterunreal himself, if anyone knows where he is or what happened, please tell me. He didn't want to work on unreal stuff too much anymore, but he still wanted to finish the meshes and stuff for me so I can finalize this release. If it turns out it is impossible though I will have to unfortunately fill the gaps with temporary monsters not intended there or something like that and also script a new quadshot even though he had one ready, complete with a reworked mesh
which had a real hand instead of the fake hand on the standard mesh, not to mention the mesh being fixed overall and missing anims readded(not the ou style of course, i am tlking about the original anims that were once there but not imported). So, this simply means this new content will be lost in case something bad really happened. I only saw it on screenshots/videos, because he wanted to have the mesh rpoperly conveted first so the uv map isues wouldnt popup like with the minotaur etc. I am thinking of waiting until the end of this month(well what i am saying its the end of the month already, ugh) and if no response will come I will have to make temporary stuff in place, even though I hate having to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.