COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
So details about the new map pack came out, three new maps Carnival, Fuel and Trailer Park and two old ones Vacant and Strike.

Hope you got another 15 bucks bitches.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I might start playing MW2 again if the map pack(s) can be gotten for free at some point. Until then, I'd rather spend my money on DLC for Just Cause 2. :eek:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Seriously are they really that daft that they are going to ignore all the issues at hand(on all 3 platforms) and continue to pump out maps instead?
Yes.

Sales say the game is in perfect shape. Who cares what a few detractors on forums or YouTube have to say when you make $45 million from a sh*tty map pack?

The only language businesses understand is money. Gamers are telling IW the game is good as it is.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Even if IW still 'existed', they never really cared about patching things in the past. Though we've seen a couple patches here and there, notably the Care speed+melee crab glitch and the 1887 LOLkimbo. Then re-patched with the Blink exploit. Those were obligatory fixes. They wouldn't fix the G18 akimbo or other silly ****s like the One Man Army tube refill.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Even if IW still 'existed', they never really cared about patching things in the past. Though we've seen a couple patches here and there, notably the Care speed+melee crab glitch and the 1887 LOLkimbo. Then re-patched with the Blink exploit. Those were obligatory fixes. They wouldn't fix the G18 akimbo or other silly ****s like the One Man Army tube refill.
Yes, they only seem to patch exploits and never really touch things as far as balance goes. Balance adjustments take time and testing -- things that don't make money as far as Kotick is concerned. A broken, unbalanced CoD will sell as much as a perfectly balanced CoD, and the latter takes too much time to make it worth it for Activision/IW.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah, the only devs left concerned about balancing are the ones with the lower budget trying to make their way in.
Only developers like Blizzard are all about game balance and huge loads of money.

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
So apparently every game today is bugged with this "Stand Still" hack forcing people not to move.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Yeah. I gave up on this game when I got stuck in servers with the menus completely disabled, all controls changed/removed, and the host bunny hopping around the level with AC130 weapons.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Yeah. I gave up on this game when I got stuck in servers with the menus completely disabled, all controls changed/removed, and the host bunny hopping around the level with AC130 weapons.

That sounds awesome.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Yeah I gave up on both COD4 and MW2 after a couple matches on 360. Thumbsticks drive me mad to no end. Shouldn't need to list all the other annoyances that come with Xbox Live either.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Yeah I gave up on both COD4 and MW2 after a couple matches on 360. Thumbsticks drive me mad to no end. Shouldn't need to list all the other annoyances that come with Xbox Live either.
So, you'd rather play a game that's more broken balance-wise, less supported, and has 50x more hackers simply because you can't use a controller? I could understand it if the game had any viability has a PC shooter but it doesn't. Those games don't exist anymore.