Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Chronicle - 5/10

Really disappointed by this one. I was very impressed by the trailer and couldn't wait to see it. But if you saw the trailer you saw the whole movie. Teenagers get super powers, one of them takes it too far, chaos ensues, the end. There's no depth to it whatsoever.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2550276 said:
Blade Runner - My father told me a lot of good stuff about this movie and also trailers were pretty interesting to me! Yesterday, I finally watched this movie, together with my family! I really enjoyed this movie! Even when it's been 30 years since this movie was done, but hell who gives a shit! It is a classic movie and people should watch it, because it is fabulous, just so damn fabulous! Can't wait to watch it again! 10/10, in my opinion...kinda obviously...

Just curious, which version did you watch?

What was the ending like?

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Chronicle 4/10

Don't watch it, I watched it today, without even watching the trailer, it still sucks donkey balls. I wonder how could some people stand it after watching the trailer.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
The better ending.
Sounds like the first or old version of Blade Runner had a different ending or am I wrong? Just curious, because I watched the Final Cut version only.
Alien

10/10

Still one of the best movies of all time.
Damn straight! I've been a fan of these movies since I was 7 or 8 years old! Nevertheless, keep your eyes on Prometheus! This movie gonna be awesome! :D

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Chronicle - 5/10

Really disappointed by this one. I was very impressed by the trailer and couldn't wait to see it. But if you saw the trailer you saw the whole movie. Teenagers get super powers, one of them takes it too far, chaos ensues, the end. There's no depth to it whatsoever.

It's funny how people keep mentioning the trailer to this flick. I didn't expect much depth to the story after seeing the trailer. It's a pretty predictable film really.

Terminator Salvation-6/10

A post-apocalyptic romp that I have seen a few times. It is what it is. Christian Bale can be a bit tedious.

Taken-5/10

Average revenge film. That's about it.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Chronicle - 6.5/10

I watched this as I had three hours to kill waiting for a plane - I hadn't seen the trailer and had fairly low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. Whilst there's nothing groundbreaking about the film, and it is frequently predictable and rather mindless, it's a reasonably well-directed and put together entertaining time killer nevertheless. It loses major points for massive inconsistency regarding when the characters camera is being used to capture events or not.

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Four movies by Dario Argento

Deep Red (Profondo rosso) (1975)
Contemporary giallo movie at its best. Made with blending/zoom-in camera styles, material movements and unedifying performance. A perfect thriller made in Italy. :)
Grade: B+

Suspiria (1977)
This film gives me nightmares, but still one of the best horror movies ever made. Blinding fantasy styles, outstanding visuals will make you shocking and suspense, some colors are dazzling and some coolest soundtrack of this movie on the go. :D One scene I don't like is the maggots on the ceiling (too many of them) would be less scary to manage.
Grade: A

Tenebrae (1982)
Not so bad, but I don't want to see some intense scenes (uncut version) because of its lots of killer-cam point of view, some crazily over the top kills, lots of gore, and eerie moments, especially the twist ending.
Grade: B

Phenomena (1985)
Watched in 88 minute US version known as Creepers and seems good enough. Damn I love Jennifer Connelly's performance (she's only 15 and her second movie), communicating with insects and a few amount of swear words. Also, love the music of Iron Maiden and Mötorhead. There must be the 'Integral Cut' version around here somewhere...

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Revolver 0/10

Last of the Jason Stratham box set.

I should have stopped and gone and watched a late-model Highlander outing the moment I caught myself thinking that Jason Stratham was impersonating Christopher Lambert because then I would have enjoyed a model of clarity and sense when compared to this pretentious tosh.

This film had it head so far up its arse trying to be Usual Suspects meets David Mamet meets Lock, Stock.. that it beggars belief.

It is one thing to promise, to intrigue and then fail to deliver, happens often enough, but the intrigue was so clumsily delivered that we didn't even get to first base on the intrigue front. The references to The Usual Suspects and Reservoir Dogs weren't so much references as cudgels to beat the viewer with.

The lack of any substantial female characters was a significant failing. In isolation, not a problem but after a while movies with only men indulging in alpha male pissing contests start to get a bit tiresome. Broaden that palette, Mr. Ritchie!

Of course, this pain is my own fault. If I had just bothered to read the DVD case I would have seen all of this laid out in shorthand:

Script: Luc Besson, Guy Ritchie.
:(

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Chronicle - 6.5/10

I watched this as I had three hours to kill waiting for a plane - I hadn't seen the trailer and had fairly low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. Whilst there's nothing groundbreaking about the film, and it is frequently predictable and rather mindless, it's a reasonably well-directed and put together entertaining time killer nevertheless. It loses major points for massive inconsistency regarding when the characters camera is being used to capture events or not.
That's a fair appraisal of the flick...............

Phenomena (1985)
Watched in 88 minute US version known as Creepers and seems good enough. Damn I love Jennifer Connelly's performance (she's only 15 and her second movie), communicating with insects and a few amount of swear words. Also, love the music of Iron Maiden and Mötorhead. There must be the 'Integral Cut' version around here somewhere...

My missus keeps trying to get me to watch this flick again. We must sit down and watch it soon.