UnrealEngine2 Runtime. Versions? Downloads?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Sep 24, 2005
I'm looking for info about the runtimes of UE2.

So there are/were 2 versions of the UE2 runtime, 22261903 and 22262002, correct? Is there a difference besides stability? Does anyone know where to get the 22262002 version?

TIA

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I doubt there's any significant difference.

Why exactly are you interested in the UE2 Runtime at all? The "UE3 Runtime" (the UDK) is much better supported and you aren't really restricted in what you are allowed to do with it. UE2 Runtime is only for non-commercial non-game projects.

Sep 24, 2005
There are some problems in the the 1903 runtime. I'm curious if those still exist in the 2002 version.

I don't want to learn how to do things for the UE3 environment again. I don't plan to release anything.

Shadow_knight

Carpe diem!
Jan 29, 2008
Prague
Heh, yeah. I am currently switching from UE2 to UE3 and it is a pain. When I finally know how to do stuff, they changed everything! :) But I have to say that the support for UE3 is much better than for UE2...

sk