Unreal Texture UT site and S3TC releases

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
High End CTF file is corrupted.

Amazing update. Now the annoying news is that I need to find in the maps what textures changed :)

Diehard

High End CTF file is corrupted.

I downloaded the file and it was indeed corrupt and i re-uploaded the file, and should be fine now.

Starship's grate textures are invisible :|

I did not change any of the masked textures, the only update in Starship are the various signs that have DOCK, BRIDGE, FIRECONTROL, and the yellow numbers on a blue background to have them match the XbpFX update.

I know that on occasion Masked textures can disapear, but its pretty rare and was only reported 3 times in the past 6-7 years or so. But indeed a screenshot and mapname would help, to see if others also have the same problem, or that its limited to your videocard.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I experienced that in the ISV-Kran maps. Currently I can't give you shots, possibly later or tomorrow.

Diehard

True for the ones offered in this thread, but it should not affect the result ingame. You can safelly mix the games but you wont be able to join a server with them. So graphicswise it doesnt matter, only online gaming is the issue.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I saw the skating player glitch when I tried to use the XbpFX.utx Extreme or High end packages & connect to a dedicated LAN server using CD1 textures ( DOM-MetalDream ). That package doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Sorry man.

The ShaneDay, ShaneSky, & SkyBox ones look great.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I saw the skating player glitch when I tried to use the XbpFX.utx Extreme or High end packages & connect to a dedicated LAN server using CD1 textures ( DOM-MetalDream ). That package doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

I thought the server had to have the package installed to not see the skating player glitch, but I could be wrong on this.

UBerserker, you must be running Unreal through UT.:lightwentoninSkaarjMastershead::)

I have them downloaded (also the Unreal one) and just need to move them over and save the files already in there before I do. I'll test them out soon. So, what files are next on your list?:D

Last edited:

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
I thought the server had to have the package installed to not see the skating player glitch, but I could be wrong on this.

The way it works is Diehards textures are client-side only & CD1 textures only for the server. The XbpFX.utx has a procedural texture (BluePlasma) that causes the net compatibility problem & the skating player glitch in DOM-MetalDream.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UBerserker, you must be running Unreal through UT.:lightwentoninSkaarjMastershead::)

:con:

I think you did forget about the Oldskool mod, huh? But it also has nothing to do with it as well.
It's the utx package's own problem, otherwise anything S3TC wouldn't have worked with everything ran through UT.

Diehard

And all the other replies to it:

The previous XbpFX S3TC package had a problem with the procedural blueplasma texture. The new mergertool that was made for me fixes that type of problems. If you played a map that uses the blueplasma texture it would crash your game to the desktop. But that texture is NOT responsible for the skating player glitch. DOM-MetalDream uses alot of packages, and any of them could have caused the problems.

And in general, and it was already said, but here it is again:

NEVER EVER use the 2nd CD or the UTRP S3TC textures on a server, ALWAYS use the normal 1st CD textures for those. Safest way to proceed is, get the packages from this page: UT Server Packages If correct and you use these packages for your server and overwrite everything thats there right now, the problem should be gone.

And that also includes, if you installed any type of mod that came with the stock textures, again, after installing the mod, overwrite all excisting textures packages with the texture packages offered on that download page. Simply put, whatever you do on the server, the last thing to do is overwrite all stock textures with the offered download(s). Only than you are sure all packages are the correct ones.

And here is that page again: UT Server Packages

Looks really great Die Hard. Good job, really. The background mountains are fitting really good to the GenEarth Rock textures. Did you really use PS only or a modelling programm, too?

No for this update i used a 3D program called Bryce3D and did after edit it in Photoshop. A future update will hopefully be created in Terragen if i get good results. Terragen has alot better mountains that look much more real and you cannot see polygones, but its much more tricky to create and shape the mountains in the way i need them.

But this is a rare occasion, you can safelly asume i make 100% of my textures using my 10 megapixel SLR camera(and always on a tripod) and Photoshop. In the past i also used photos i took from the net, but as soon as i got my own camera they were all replaced by photos taken by me. This ensures i own 100% of the copyright, and can do with the textures i want.

The only remaining source i use is Hubble.org for all the celestial stuff. But those are copyright free so it cannot pose any risk :) And to get the photos i take myself, either its on the public roads, if not i ask the company(or government) if i can take photos on their terrain or in their shop(s). And so far people have been really helpfull as i have never been turned down all those years when i asked.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, so server must use CD1 textures (also found in your UT Server Packages link) and players can use whatever they want but preferably whatever looks best to them on their machine, correct?

UBerserker, um, ya, forgot about the OldSkool Mod.:)

Diehard

Yes, that is correct, the server needs the 1st CD textures, the clients can use whatever they want: 1st CD textures, 2nd CD textures, UTRP S3TC textures, or any mix of them, just whatever they feel whats best for them.

And if you run a server, i highly advise to download the textures, even though you are 100000% sure you got it all correct, a mistake is easelly made. So simply download the textures and replace whatever you have.

And the mistake is easelly made, if textures do come with a mod, or you try install the chaos textures from the 2nd CD. And the downloads contain all stock UT textures including the official mods and addons textures.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Here's my problem with Starship.utx. Check the images: grate textures are invisible.

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Shot0001.jpg
    Shot0001.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 16

Diehard

will you be doing the well known 3rd party ones such as sgtech (i think that's what its called)

Since they were part of an official release, they have been added to the list recently. I knew the package before, but didnt know they were an Epic release. But they are now added to the stock textures and aplicable for an update. This however is not gonna happen soon.

Likelly i will go work on a large update for the StarShip.utx package, though at this moment i am working on a small update for the PlayShp package, and in specific the hull textures.