UE3 - UT3 Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark_Twisted

Mar 27, 2008
Upstate New York
I am new to the editor (ut3 ed) what I would like to know is.would it be possible to have a,,,,lets say a hallway where X=256.000000 and Y=2048.000000 and Z=256.000000 then shape the hallway in a half circle shape.I've tried my best to figure this out but can't seem to get it right,that is,if it's possible at all,or maybe i'm going about it the wrong way.Can someone help
Thanks
D_T

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
You could build a hallway like that out of brushes, but a static mesh would be a better way.
Don't really know what you have tried to do so not sure how to help you?

Bill_Brooks

Feb 11, 2008
Static meshes are what all the models are made out of.
You can make new models in a Stand alone program like 3ds max, Blender, Maya and maybe some others.
You can also build the hall out of brushes then turn them into a static mesh in the editor or leave them as brushes. You will need a program to use smoothing groups on a mesh.

So what have you tried to do so far?

Dark_Twisted

Mar 27, 2008
Upstate New York
Well,i'm real new to the editor so I have looked around it a it to see what i could do,extrude,weld and just working with the brushes trying different things.I do have an older copy of 3DS max I could try.I'll let you know how I make out
Thanks again
D_T