Cooking with Jackal Part 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Decided to do another one. Not really sure what to call it. If I was a vegetarian, this would be my steak.

Part 2 - http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=202947

What you will need

Z3Hrjut.jpg

2 - Portabella Mushrooms
1 - Red, Green, Orange, Yellow Pepper
1 - box of Crumbled Feta Cheese
2 - Garlic Cloves
1 - Yellow Squash
Olive Oil (extra virgin)
X - Beer/Wine

444fiU3.jpg

The first thing you want to do is wash everything of course. Make sure to dry the mushrooms (will explain later down the line).

Get rid of the flaky shell shit on the garlic. There are a few various ways of doing this, I have have a rubber mat thingy that you put the clove in and roll it and all the dry shell part comes off leaving a nice clove of ready to eat garlic.

Put some olive oil in a small-medium container. I don't really know how much. You'll want enough to cover both mushrooms.

RnQ8YKQ.jpg

Hopefully you have a garlic press or some kind of press. Using a cheese grater sucks. Anyways, shred/press/finely dice the garlic and add it to the olive oil. I add just a pinch of garlic salt to this batch.

c1HJHe0.jpg

Next you'll want to get some tin foil ready. They should be about 3 times the size of the portabella.

fSjJgCy.jpg

We dried off the mushrooms because oil and water don't mix. Dunk the portabellas into the olive oil and garlic mixture. Make sure to get plenty on the back side. Once you've coated both of them and placed them into the foil, you can empty the remaining mix into the top of the mushroom. Spread it out so it covers all of the top-inside.

Cp3oWbC.jpg

Place the portabella into the middle of the foil. On the left is the finished product.

IvVffGA.jpg

Fold the bottom half up, just past the end of the mushroom

3z1j8Tc.jpg

Bring the top part of the foil down. Your mushroom should be snug fit for now.

2s9LmSY.jpg

Fold the 2 sides in like this. Don't pack the mushroom where the foil is like vacuum packed around it. Give it some room to breath and steam.

I cook 2 of them on 425°F (218.3°C) for 35 min.

x8CRwtf.jpg

Chop the squash in half.

WCaf7Kq.jpg

I like Creole on mine, but any spicy seasoning should do I would think...

nambjGh.jpg

Chop the peppers into strips about 1/8" thick (or less than the size of a pencil width). I like to make them short enough to fit inside the mushroom when they get done.

4HHMt8r.jpg

Saute they up with some olive oil.

J1U4X4W.jpg

When the timer hits the 20 min mark (they have been cooking for 15 mins now), pull them out and take a peek.

This is usually the time I put the 2 squash parts into the oven.

0kedD8x.jpg

Add the feta cheese. Wrap them back up and put them back into the oven for the remainder of the time.

3kja2r9.jpg

Flippin like a pro

SbBdHaf.jpg

Once the timer is up, remove the mushrooms and add the sauteed peppers.

This really doesn't need any seasoning apart from the stuff you put on the squash. It's so tasty!

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Portabella are one of my favorite kinds of mushroom. This reminds me to something my father used to make before he stopped making that and started making other things.