Stuff you just bought thread V2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Most shop bought smoothies (at least here in TX) are way overpriced to the tune about $7 for the serving I made myself which cost me about $2 in materials... In other-words, I am cheap and have never payed for a shop bought smoothie, so I really don't have a basis for comparison to be honest but I did feel my own early attempts had an undesirable twang. So that is exactly why I added the banana. Blueberries also have a fairly mellow and sweet flavor (when properly ripened, otherwise the pucker factor is off the scale) but they only go so far. Mine do tend to have a lot of blueberries though because they are mainly what provide the antioxidants.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
[GU]elmur_fud;2612454 said:
The ones people tend to regret are those that they apply no thought too. ...tats picked off a wall or out of a book....

And not to drag you in, but yes.

Why are you being so pedantic Carbon? You appear to be the only person here who's getting uppity.

You answered your own sentiment; there is no sense trying to oppose a female on a hugely male-dominated forum. But not because of white knighting, but because you're kind of being a tool for no apparent reason. You can dress it up as you like, but you were being indirectly rude. But it's fine, you're new, all the newbies seem to think they're going to make friends by being an ass to me. You'll discover in your own time that I am charming. And again, long standing.

And no need for the quotations. I am fucking adorable.

One's 'joined date' has no correlation to age, which you previously argued, and now you claim it also relates to discussions, as if someone who joined a forum more recently than another is somehow cognitively disadvantaged. Both of these are ridiculous assertions.

You seem to put a lot of stock in this date; a source of pride. Notable.

Igoy, I never argued that you weren't "charming" or ""adorable"; I said nothing about "you". I said that the phrase you were thinking of for your tat was puerile and juvenile and sounded like something lifted from a teen romance novel, which it is. This frankness was what set you off and while you clearly didn't want to hear that, it wasn't rude. While my post may have lacked softening hedges, it was concise and was expressed in no uncertain terms, elements I find sadly missing from internet discourse. I do not subscribe the "its all good" manifesto through which much trash attempts to be sanitized.

We need contrary opinions, even from strangers on the internet. I suspect that while I am not on your birthday party list, I have at least given you something real to think about. Surrounding yourself only with people who slavishly affirm your every thought is weak and on this topic in particular, you should hear the other side.

Maybe I am not "cool" or hang out with the wrong crowd, but I cannot imagine anyone getting that phrase tattooed on themselves and not regretting it later in life. Have you ever considered that the contrary opinion comes from the one who actually might care the most? Not that I do - I really have no idea who you are and am largely unconcerned with whether you go through with it or not - but that I took the time to try to give you pause says something (since you seem to enjoy reading between lines).

Edit: I was a member here in 2000 (under a different pseudonym), but took a long hiatus from the community and thanks to not logging in from over 10 years, it was voided.

Last edited:

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
The other day I bought a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5150 for $60:

-l755d-s5150-777.jpg

*AMD A-Series A4-3305M (1.9GHz)
*4GB Memory
*640GB HDD
*AMD Radeon HD 6480G
*15.6" LED-backlit 1366 x 768 display
*Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Gotta love Craigslist.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
I think you're confusing a lot of what I write in jest as serious business, including the being charming/cute/adorable stuff. I'm not that far up my own ass. Take a look at the Intervention for Igoy thread - I don't take myself seriously. If I did I'd have cried a thousand tears over that thread. It's all in good nature, which is what you should take Off Topic as anyway...

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. You might not like that it's from a book, but it's a phrase of deep personal meaning to me by it's associations, and that's something I won't regret or tire of. I appreciate the effort of trying to give me food for thought, but virtually anybody who doesn't like tattoos more or less says the same thing. It doesn't make us think, it just gets a little tiresome.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
...virtually anybody who doesn't like tattoos more or less says the same thing. It doesn't make us think, it just gets a little tiresome.

I would love to disengage from this discussion, but cannot do so with beliefs which I do not hold being ascribed to me. I have made no mention of my feelings about tattoos in general. I am factually quite ambivalent and while I do not have any myself, I really don't care what people do to themselves.

@igNiTion: I would certainly never get a tat with such an egregious grammatical error: "drizzle" is typically uncountable. ;)

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
How's it run?

Really nice, actually.

Surprisingly, it feels as speedy as my Thinkpad T410, which is technically more powerful with a Core i5-520m and 6GB of RAM. Graphics performance from the 6480G is undoubtedly better than the Thinkpad, as it has first-gen Intel HD. I haven't tested any games yet.

In any case, the fact that I paid $60 makes this easily the deal of the year for me.

Last edited:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Really nice, actually.

Surprisingly, it feels as speedy as my Thinkpad T410, which is technically more powerful with a Core i5-520m and 6GB of RAM. Graphics performance from the 6480G is undoubtedly better than the Thinkpad, as it has first-gen Intel HD. I haven't tested any games yet.

In any case, the fact that I paid $60 makes this easily the deal of the year for me.

Seriously, that's awesome. I'm still rocking a 2008 macbook pro, it's really bout time for me to get a new laptop though. Maybe when the new air comes out next year.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Seriously, that's awesome. I'm still rocking a 2008 macbook pro, it's really bout time for me to get a new laptop though. Maybe when the new air comes out next year.

Thanks man! It's arguably a better deal than I got on my Thinkpad. I only paid $140 for that one so I'm not complaining :D

t410-stock.jpg

Lenovo T410
*Core i5-520m @ 2.40
*6GB RAM
*250GB HDD
*Intel HD Graphics
*14.1" LED @ 1280x800
*Fingerprint reader, webcam/mic, eSATA, etc.
*Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Check Craigslist! You never know what you're going to find and how much you can talk people down.

Last edited: