Bulletstorm Gun Sonata DLC Available On PC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The Gun Sonata DLC for Bulletstorm is now available for PC via the Games for Windows Marketplace. Three new Anarchy and two new Echo mode maps are included for $9.99 (US).

New maps, more mayhem, more over-the-top action! The Bulletstorm Gun Sonata Pack is now available on PC in North America for $9.99. Players will have access to three new maps for the game's Anarchy multiplayer mode, including the calamitous Sewers of Stygia, the abandoned Hotel Elysium and the open spaces of Villa. In Anarchy multiplayer mode, teams of up to four players fight together to survive waves of blood-thirsty mutants while scoring Skillpoints in order to advance. These new areas provide a playground for gamers to work together to pull off heart-stomping team skillshots as they decimate their foes with creative mayhem mixed with an arsenal of the most gut-wrenching and unique weapons to appear in a first-person shooter game.

Gun Sonata Pack also includes two new Echo mode maps, including Crash Site and Guns of Stygia, offering completely new challenges for those competing to top personal high scores and global leaderboard rankings. In Echo mode, Bulletstorm tracks and compares players' scores through locations typically found in the campaign.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
3 maps for $9.99.

1 map for $3.33.

Call of Duty levels of bad value. :( (Actually worse because they have 5 maps for $15, $3 each.)

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
they need a bonus pack like UT3's titan pack to even hope reviving this game. :eek:
(by like the titan pack, I mean "plenty of new stuff for free")

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
LoL

Valve and Blizzard(I think) are pretty much the only big names left to offer free dlc anymore. Enjoy getting nickel and dimed to death all you bulletstorm sluts :lol:

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
No thanks. I'd rather wait until the whole "Gold" edition is on sale for $10. Which judging by it's popularity should be in less than a year or so.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Epic said:
Oh uh... We aren't releasing a editing kit with Bulletstorm.. uh.... because uh... the skill shots are to complicated... uh or something... we spent all our time working on the pc demo... oh wait I mean...

Buy our DLC?

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
LoL

Valve and Blizzard(I think) are pretty much the only big names left to offer free dlc anymore. Enjoy getting nickel and dimed to death all you bulletstorm sluts :lol:

Episodic content, subscriptions, pay-to-win hats?

A few top results when searching for recent(ish) news articles on BU about free DLC:

ChAIR and Epic Games kick off the launch of the free Infinity Blade DLC with a sale at the App Store.

This weekend, Steam users will be able to play Killing Floor for free. Existing players and "free weekend" players will both be able to check out Tripwire Interactive's free "Level Up" DLC beginning Thursday.

Kotaku quotes official Mass Effect 2 twitter post, that confirms that there will be DLC available at launch day and that it will be free of charge at least on that day:

Monday 14th September/... Eidos Interactive Ltd. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the Insane Night Map Pack, a free downloadable map pack for the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum(TM) action adventure title. [...]

Section 8: Prejudice has been released over XBox Live Arcade. For a mere 1200 Microsoft Points, you can get what some people are anticipating as possibly a sleeper hit.
[...]
The PC version will be following in... appropriately enough... two weeks, on May 4th. The PS3 crowd is out of luck a little bit longer (sometime this summer) but will get some of the DLC TimeGate Studios has promised will be forthcoming at launch, free of charge. Of course, we'll be posting those details as well as soon as we learn them.

None of these are Valve or Blizzard games (since those companies obviously use their own tech). And yes, some of these are a couple years old. I guess all I'm pointing out is that it's easy to get on the criticism bandwagon. There's good stuff happening out there once in a while.

Last edited: