{GD} DTAS - North American DTAS Server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mercie

Jan 18, 2005
Count me in if you can upload all the mods that it runs so I can download them now rather than when I wanna play!!

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
From the maps that have different versions can we remove one version? I prefer keeping KosovoDay and SicilyNight but it doesn't really matter.

Does anyone actually like ResearchSite?

Possible additions:
DM-INF-Swamprat
DM-INF-VladivostokNight
DM-INF-Tigerhunt[v2]
DM-INF-St-Lo

There is also a snowy map that has a large bridge connecting opposite sides of the map. On each side of the bridge there are some trees for cover and you could also get to the other side by taking a narrower passageway on the far left or far right side of the bridge. Seemed like a good map for DTAS but I can't remember the name (I think 'bridge' was in the title).

Mercie if you can get Psytex installed and updated to 1.2 the rest shouldn't be difficult. The links are unsurprisingly in the Psytex thread under Infiltration Development.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Nice to see a GD DTAS server back in the game. I'm really not into the oldschool player vs player anymore. Nothing can beat co-op with some good co-players for me.

Sadly, I think I have to say, that if you want some good DTAS games again, you have to get the oldschoolers back in the game. :hmm: Begin with the GD clan.

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
I am oldschool. I am a good co-player. I can also speak German. Ich bin der Alpha und der Omega. Yeah I just assigned the masculine gender to those English words because I can.

Woden

Feb 8, 2006
Consider removing Peru. Replace Sicily with either Sicily Night or Tuscany Night (perhaps better), AztecaLite with Azteca, Bullecourt with the new Bullecourt (2003?), Installation with the 2002 update, Scramble with its update...

Shooting Range is a questionable choice, but can be fun. Nightwater is good. So is Yemen Fix. +1 to Snipez's suggestions.

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
Good map list. Also note that DM-Brikby is probably very different from the EAS version. DM-Brikby is just a town with a lot of spread out buildings seemingly in the middle of nowhere. EAS-INF-Brikby is a woodsy map with I think a smaller town on one side of the map. You want the latter for dtas.

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
Problem UPDATED in the noob server setup thread!
Steven your server should just load this video when people connect to it...
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHU-AJTn0I8[/M]
He looks like you too!
Also setup redirect, it was the easiest shiates ever, shame on ant.

Last edited by a moderator:

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
OH YEAH?

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9PRzIyzFA[/M]
Brikby has been vanquished.

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
PEACEMAKER, nuff said. Well actually I had more suggestions but peacemaker is so good I kind of just forgot about the rest.

Snipez

Insane Poster!
Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
Hi, if you decide to play INF here's how to go about installing it:

1. Install UT
2. Download the community edition here
3. Open the community edition .exe and choose 'Complete install' and follow the instructions. You have the opportunity to patch UT to v436.
4. Download this, courtesy of Ms. Bunnie. I haven't downloaded it myself, but it should just be an Unreal Tournament directory that you can merge with your own UT folder. In this case you need to drop the directory in the location containing your UT folder.

That should be it.

Mercie

Jan 18, 2005
Hi, if you decide to play INF here's how to go about installing it:

1. Install UT
2. Download the community edition here
3. Open the community edition .exe and choose 'Complete install' and follow the instructions. You have the opportunity to patch UT to v436.
4. Download this, courtesy of Ms. Bunnie. I haven't downloaded it myself, but it should just be an Unreal Tournament directory that you can merge with your own UT folder. In this case you need to drop the directory in the location containing your UT folder.

That should be it.

Win. Thanks.

Last few times I tried getting into it (had thecommunity addition and some other things like Psytex and the SCAR and M6 etc) it would download for hours from the co-op servers. The TDM servers were always empty but twenty minutes on those and Id have the files. This is perfect though.