Jgkdo please oh please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Could you put UTcompass on your server ? I know you guys don't think having the teammates displayed on hud is realistic, but you can always set it so that the names only appear when a message is sent, or you can even disable teammates display alltogether. The reason i'm asking this is that the last utcompass (v0.9) has a new command feature that enables you to send a private message to the player your looking at, and i use this command quite a lot.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=141650

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
And... choose more carefully some of the maps. I am speaking about your DTAS server, with some very small maps like wat or beached, where is almost impossible to use the usual slow play/tactical mindset that we all love in Dtas.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Jgkdo has "intelligent maplist" mutator, meaning that maps like beached or wat won't be played if there are too many people on the server, so i really don't mind if they stay.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I like the difference in maps between JgKdo- and SG DTAS. It's a nice change now and then.
The private message command is indeed very handy. I use them in my binds too but can't on JgKdo.. so i hope you can maybe add it. Oh and the voicepack too. ;)

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Cool ! I was losing hope. While we're at it, will you consider in the near future putting realtarget on ? Even if it's not perfect, it hardly has any bug anymore (afaik).

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Keganator said:
NOoooo! The evils of UTCompass are spreading :( :( Why do people consider this to be such a realistic addition to the game that they need it? It confuses me to no end.
Keg.. :rolleyes: Did you even read ant's post?! He said it wasn't important to even have the teammate display at all. The reason why he wants it (And I do too), is because of the new feature that allows you to include teammates' names in your binds by pointing at them.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Don't worry teammate display is disabled. You usually can trust jgkdo when it comes to realistic gameplay.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Could you guys pls remove DM-cargo from the maplist ? This map cannot be played otherwise than tdm. Also Raid still has the problem of the wall blocking access to half of the map. Quick suggestions to replace them (ignore this if they're already on the server, i wouldn't know cause i haven't played them yet) : portugal, bocage.

Also, where do you stand on the realtarget matter ?

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Thanks for the reminder, i forgot to give Cargo some reasonable ssk.im settings. I hope it's better now.

Realtargets ... hmm, not yet - its in a too early state IMO.

edit:
PS: removed EAS-INF-Raid, it either needs a clean TDM conversion or a DTAS fix. Harper has one in 1.50 IIRC.

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I also think it's too soon to have realtargets everywhere. Not that I would not like to see it on every server, but I do not consider it stable enough yet for every user to enjoy it. Also, the idea of having it on only a few servers to begin is a good idea since it give the chance to the community to, slowly, get used to it.

After all, it's a huge modification.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Could we have, please oh please, some changes on the map rotation ? It's getting old i think. For one, there are too many industrial themed maps imho. Also there are too many small sized maps. Big maps are fun, even with 6-8 people ! I think you should adjust a bit the intelligent map list setting, because as it is now, it seems to me we're always playing the same maps (the server is most of the time populated with 6-8 people, that could explain why). And one last bitching : would there be a way for ssk to randomize the map list everyday ? Sorry if it is actually the case but i have the impression i'm always playing the same maps in the same order.
Sry about the bitching, jgkdo is still my favourite place.

a few suggestions for map changes :
-replace any small map (eg industrial mayhem) with desertdisaster or portugal (or both)
-i want manorfarm back !

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
some more suggestions:

eas- bocage , brikby , island

oh and leave mostar in rotation! hehe.. that map was made for dtas ;)