How to add mod weapons to bots' favorites list?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xequa

May 27, 2009
Hi everyone,

I've stumbled into a problem: I'm running several different mods & pulling individual weapons from them using WORM... this has assembled the finest collection of weapons I've found so far, IMHO.

I want to assign each bot a favorite weapon. I understand that there is a pull-down list in the bot config window that does just that... but only one of my 5 currently employed mods has its weapons listed there.

Does anyone know where I can add the other mods to this pull-down menu? I tried circumventing it by manually changing them in user.ini, but the game just overwrites it some time during play.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

xequa

May 27, 2009
I certainly agree... the ini editing approach will likely not work because of that.

So, then, what of the Mod approach? I know there is a way to add weapons to the pull down menu in the bot screen... Apocalypse Weapons has accomplished it. I just haven't found where!

Actually, the reason why Apocalypse Weapons is mentioned in bots weapons list is because of the INT file, not from WoRM.

Iin order for mod weapons to be in the bot's favorite weapon list, the file must have this line in the INT file, which you can create it with notepad. Below shows the enforcer being in the list.
Code:
Object=(Name=BotPack.Enforcer,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentWeapon,Description="Enforcer")
*This allows the enforcer to be in the weapons list (and also the weapon priority list).

xequa

May 27, 2009
Unbelievable! Thank you so much for helping with that DIC.. I never would have found that. I just ran a map with the new changes and the bots are using their favorites! Sure makes for more difficult gameplay!

Now... here's a new question, which I realize is a much more complicated one, but .. why not?

I would like add path nodes to one of my favorite maps: Chasm by "Botman" Eaves. (I think I've got the mapper name right). The nodes already in place are fine, but I want to encourage bots to use rooftops more, and snipe from windows. They just seem to run to/from the flag most of the time, which is nice, but too predictable.

Any advice on the best way to do this?

Thanks!

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Bots always take the shortest way back unless you use the actor that forces them to always take the other route. Unless you attack a Bot and it happen to go to a different pathnode it will go that way because it lost contact with the route it was going before. You can try forcing paths but they don't randomize the routes like a player does, sadly. What I mean is that maybe the pathing in that map is already good and trying to randomize it might actually screw it up a bit. You can still try though, and you can use the CTF-Face map as an example to see how it forces the paths for the Bots to come from one route and go back on the other one.

xequa

May 27, 2009
I'll have to look into that map.... but what about attracting bots to change behavior, not just take different routes? I'm cool with them finding the shortest way back, but for those I tell to defend, how can I get a bot to hang out in a window with a sniper rifle, or one to sit right around this corner? Is there a particular actor I can use to attract them to defend in this way?

Or on the flip side: have a bot stand here and snipe offensively? You know: "Pick off anyone who crosses this bridge" kinda thing?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
The Ambushpoint is the one for sniping and theres a team trigger for that specific situation. The DefensePoint can also be used for sniping and is the other one where you place them in specific spots for the bots to camp on. DefensePoint also have a priority option to tell which one should be the best spot from the others and the bots follow this variable to pick a favorite spot to defend.

Botpathing is not as easy as just placing regular pathnodes all over the map. A lot of the other NavigationPoints need to be set properly and set right for team specific situations. As I mentioned before, the way you want to path that map is how the CTF-Face map is pathed and you should check its botpathing so you get an idea how it is done. Believe it or not, botpathing is not as easy as to say "I will do it" then "actually do it".

There used to be several botpathing tutorials back then when I learned all these but now all the ones I knew went down or got replaced by UT2k4 stuff. Maybe by google'ing you might find a good pathing tutorial for UT99.