Do Not Use Steam for Community Content

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
And I'll tell you why.

So, I just found out, when I go offline and boot up the unrestricted version of Serious Sam 3, it won't see the mods I have.

Later I found out from here that Serious Sam 3 relies on Steam to tell it what community content you have installed. And for some stupid reason, I guess if you're offline, Steam won't register any community content you have installed. :lol:

Yeah, if this is a portent of things to come, we should completely disregard Steam in terms of community content and use something else.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Tim Sweeney has said they will also release the new UT from their own website. Even if UT integrates with Steam fully, there will also be a version that doesn't.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
sky-is-falling.jpg

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
this is poor implementation of steamworks, not a flaw of the workshop itself.

Workshop is awesome and it makes mods a lot easier to find.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Considering the kind of 'content' that's on the workshop for SS3, I would say that's a blessing in disguise.